This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Feb Security Update and BiMonthly OTA? Why late?

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Rog 2, 8/128gb, WW 0.65, Non rooted.

It's been more than two months since last update in Mid December, which in itself was 2-3weeks late. And till now we don't have this month's or precisely January's security update and OTA?

Is rog 2 to dead now?

25 REPLIES 25

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi shreyashshah16,
The update is released as and when ready. Also there is no fix date when the update arrives when you say its 2 week late. Whenever the update is rolled out, the latest possible security patch is made available.
Thanks for the support and understanding. The update will be rolled out depending on the stability.

gsanchez
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi shreyashshah16,

The update is released as and when ready. Also there is no fix date when the update arrives when you say its 2 week late. Whenever the update is rolled out, the latest possible security patch is made available.

Thanks for the support and understanding. The update will be rolled out depending on the stability.

View post
We never asked to a fixed date for updates. All we want is... the updates! Simple as that.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi shreyashshah16,

View post
Marketing material and product page of rog mentioned BiMonthly security updates.
Even Asus india Head (Dinesh Sharma) had confirmed the same last year in an interview.
https://youtu.be/NRqUKIjdkKU
After the 2 month time frame last update should have been dropped in in November, say last day of nov 30th, but when did it actually dropped? DECEMBER! Now due to that We didn't get Jan update so February may be?😑 Nope, don't think so.
That's it, I rest my case.

anthony_j_comi
Star III
So are we still going to get security updates at all? I only ask as I probably won't keep this phone if it doesn't anymore I really like my rog 2 and don't want to have to get rid of it but security is important to me maybe @Gustav_ASUS has some info?

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Rog 2 seems more like discontinued product now. Pathetic on Asus's part. 0% customer oriented brand! They are money oriented!