This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my ZenBook Pro Duo keep freezing?

rkarlberg
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo
Frequency of occurrence: 2-3 times a day
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:My laptop freezes several times a day! I've seen many other posts about this, but they keep getting closed - why? I was hoping an expensive laptop like this would be more reliable - is there a bios update available?
19 REPLIES 19

rkarlberg
Star III
It did help me to install the Intel drivers - I only get a freeze every 2-3 days now, instead of several times a day...

dogan-oguzhan
Star II
rkarlberg

It did help me to install the Intel drivers - I only get a freeze every 2-3 days now, instead of several times a day...

View post
Which drivers are you referring to?

rkarlberg
Star III
I used the Intel driver support assistant as recommended by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

MikeRack
Star I
I'm having the same issue with my ZenBook Pro Duo UX581LV. Started freezing a about 3-4 weeks ago and it just keeps getting worse. Updating Nvidia/BIOS/Windows doesn't seem to help at all. Such a freeze first affects all the program windows and tabs, then the mouse and finally the sound. Even though it mostly happens when using CAD software (like Rhino/ArchiCAD) or Photoshop, it also happens when only chrome and a couple of folders are open.
I keep losing work/time/patience daily due to hard resets and resulting loss of work.
Has anyone actually managed to resolve the problem completely?

rkarlberg
Star III
I did switch from using Chrome to Edge, and it might be a coincidence but it does seem to freeze less now. But it does still happen when using various other programs. This issue really needs to be fixed!