This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Rog 3 not charging past 6 percent.

mohannedfakhri
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog 3
Firmware Version:17.0822.2005.11
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence: since today
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Had no issues at all since today, the phone charging sign is on but the phone isn't charging past 6% and when used it drops to 4% rapidly. I never had this issue before and I don't know what to do. I did reset the phone to factory setting, trying to use the hyper port and normal port but still nothing.
Please help

6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mohannedfakhri Do you have another charger/cable that you can compare with?

mohannedfakhri
Star II
Someone please help, I'm abroad in Georgia Europe and I'm stuck with no idea on what to do

mohannedfakhri
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@mohannedfakhri Do you have another charger/cable that you can compare with?

View post
I do not. I'm abroad. I don't think it's the port issue or the cable as the charger was working fine yesterday prior to the update

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mohannedfakhri Prior to what update? The FW version you have specified in your OP is several months old (close to release version if I'm not mistaken) and the last FOTA update was in January.
You have some troubleshooting options here. One would be to turn off your device and see if it can be charged while off. Another would be to restart your phone in safe mode. (Tap and hold the 'Power off' icon until a message appears.)
If you're in a pinch and can't get hold of a new charger due to the pandemic, I would suggest that you backup any personal data on the phone and perform a factory reset. Should all of this fail, your problem might be hardware-related (port on your phone or the charger cable) which you would need another cable/charger to troubleshoot further.
Get back to me with your results and we can take it from there. 🙂