This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to get 5g on an Asus Rog 3 perfect signal with other phones.

rasools1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

13 REPLIES 13

botboy444
Zen Master I
clinton.bridges86

Was Volte advertised with the Rog 3?

I bought one a couple months ago for work and the call quality is so bad.

I'm considering going back to my 5 year old Iphone 7.

View post
Pretty sure it wasn't but it's something that should be standard nowdays, my mi9t has it, my OG Google Pixel has it, and works in my area, but the rog phone 3 doesn't have it enabled for whatever reason

botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154743#Comment_154743

Pretty sure it wasn't but it's something that should be standard nowdays, my mi9t has it, my OG Google Pixel has it, and works in my area, but the rog phone 3 doesn't have it enabled for whatever reason

View post
I get it, my iphone from 5 years ago has it.
Being the third iteration of this phone it should definitely have it.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@botboy444 5G and VoLTE are not the same thing, and 5G does not need to be 'enabled' the same way VoLTE does. If you have a ROG Phone 3, you have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform with 5G connectivity.
If anything, I'd like to get a device log from you so that our developers can take a closer look at what's going on with your unit and why you are not getting a 5G connection (assuming you meet all the requirements to do so).

botboy444
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

@botboy444 5G and VoLTE are not the same thing, and 5G does not need to be 'enabled' the same way VoLTE does. If you have a ROG Phone 3, you have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform with 5G connectivity.

If anything, I'd like to get a device log from you so that our developers can take a closer look at what's going on with your unit and why you are not getting a 5G connection (assuming you meet all the requirements to do so).

View post
I understand that VOLTE is different to 5g, and I can see the option is greyed out in the Phone Info, any reason why that is?

Gladly, shoot me a DM 🙂