This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution for my Zenfone 5z's blurry primary camera?

My Zenfone 5z was working fine untill last 4-5 months ago when suddenly it's primary 12MP camera got a problem of unable to focus. Tried several methods including factory reset, safe mode reset, downgrading to Android Pie and many more...but the problem still persists..lastly after emailing them and having said all they asked me to take it to the Nearest Service Centre. Is this a solution guys? Service centre guys have opted me two things- a software reset or change of camera module worth 3k+ Rupees..

21 REPLIES 21

suraj051
Star II
Deannnnn

How can you claim that you never drop your phone?

CID is normally considered for LCD replacement. If 100% no CID, why can you use your camera in the past.

View post
Yes i understand but thats how they will try to minimise the replacements.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi suraj051
As I mentioned above, if your device is out of warranty device, it will be charged for module repairing fee and be repaired after your confirmation.

suraj051
Star II
@Christine_ASUS Got the camera module changed for free thanks for the support.
I have also got battery and charging port replaced with my expenses now i can use it for two more years 🙂

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
suraj051

I have also got battery and charging port replaced with my expenses now i can use it for two more years 🙂

View post
Hi suraj051
Sorry for the belated reply due to Lunar New Year holidays. I am so glad to hear that! Cheers.

cycloneabhi
Star II
suraj051

View post
Hi Suraj,
Can you please share the process how did you approach them? I'm facing the same issue since last 2 months. Please reply.