cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received updates on my phone yet

lawal012000
Star I
Hello

Please kindle assist me to upgrade my zenfone max m1 to lately version, I'm stuck in OS 7.
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi lawal012000
Thank you for your asking. Kindly refer to the link below as ZenFone Max (M1) (ZB556KL) firmware download link
ZenFone Max (M1) (ZB556KL) BIOS & FIRMWARE | All Phones | ASUS IndiaCan you provide me your current firmware version and your preferred firmware version? As I checked, ZB556KL provides Android 8, Android 9 Beta, and Android 10 Beta. If you want to upgrade to Android 9 Beta or Android 10 Beta, please backup your data before performing the steps.
#How to check my firmware version? Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

To update the system, you may try Auto Update or Manual Update.
1. Auto Update (Easier Way)
Settings>System>System update
*Tap the 3 dots on the top row of "System update">Auto-update settings, for related settings
2. Manual Update (Normally be used in cross-Android firmware update or rooted/unlocked device)
Download the firmware file into the root directory, aka the outermost place, of the internal storage>Reboot>Tap the "system update" notification
*To perform cross-Android firmware update, please backup the device data first.

#[Zenfone] How to update firmware on my phone?
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/

jabo49
Star I
It appears that ASUS don't update system software since july 5 2020. This in spite of that the phone is listed as one of those that should be updated to Android 10. I bought a phone less than a year ago and is very dissapointed. Currently there is a move in the European parliament calling for extended responsibility for manufacturers to support hardware for a longer term. A fact is that ASUS released beta versions of Android 10 for this device and suddenly stopped support. How come!

Deannnnn
Rising Star I
Just checked the info for you. the model was released in 2018, and had supported for 2 years sharp