Star I
System: windows 10 home
Battery or AC:
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GEX_UX580GE
Frequency of occurrence: all of the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: attached 4 screenshots
========================
Detailed description:My laptop doesn't seem to be able to recognize my built-in speakers and microphone, after checking the device manager there seem to be several drivers problem (attached screenshots which I hope making the problem clear (both code 10 in one case and code 45 in several other drivers), apart from that the realtek drivers seem's to be located in the wrong location in the computer managment (under the "software component" instead of under "sound video and game controler") I have no clue how to fix it and would really appreciate some help
screenshot-2021-02-27-224137.png

4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Matan Yunger
  1. System: windows 10 home
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX550GEX_UX580GE
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all of the time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video: attached 4 screenshots

========================

Detailed description:My laptop doesn't seem to be able to recognize my built-in speakers and microphone, after checking the device manager there seem to be several drivers problem (attached screenshots which I hope making the problem clear (both code 10 in one case and code 45 in several other drivers), apart from that the realtek drivers seem's to be located in the wrong location in the computer managment (under the "software component" instead of under "sound video and game controler") I have no clue how to fix it and would really appreciate some help

screenshot-2021-02-27-224137.png

screenshot-2021-02-27-224837.png

screenshot-2021-02-27-225006.png

screenshot-2021-02-27-225028.png

sound problem, need help
If your lpatop BIOS model is UX580GE means , then you must download seperate REALTEK audio driver Version V6.0.8858.1 and install it with admin rights
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GE | Laptop | ASUS

Matan_Yunger
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45200/sound-problem-need-help

If your lpatop BIOS model is UX580GE means , then you must download seperate REALTEK audio driver Version V6.0.8858.1 and install it with admin rights

ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GE | Laptop | ASUS

View post
I have already done so, didn't work, any other options?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Matan Yunger

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154688#Comment_154688

I have already done so, didn't work, any other options?

View post
you need to find the correct hardware device ID audio device, which is embedded in motherboard .
in your second pic, i seen mark in other devices , check the updated driver under other devices .
sound device and its driver shoule be show under Sound, video and game controllers

use windows builtin audio troubleshooter

I´ve also had troubles with my audio, Zennbook UX580GE, after I installed AVG Driver Update. Did a fresh re-installation, problem persisted. Tried Windows own troubleshooting, didn´t work. It said I had Steam Audi Device as primary audio source and I couldn´t find RealTek audio speakers in the Settings>devices anywhere.
Through some hard work I got to function properly now, my Device-screen looks a bit different than yours. However, have you tried to select Realtek Audio Effects Component, select uninstall device and tick the box to remove the driver aswell, then restart the computer, go to the same page, ie device manager and click on show device changes, the icon with the glass and screen(sorry my laptop is in swedish and don´t know the correct names for everything). It should now try to update the driver automatically.
That worked for me after a while