This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound / Loudness level decreased after .189/.191 Update

lovin2501
Star III
There's substantial drop in loudness level via inbuilt - speaker  & earphones as well . Please check.
29 REPLIES 29

ZT-f092f57a
Star II
Is that guaranteed ? Can any MOD confirm please ?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
We'll bring it back to our devs.
For .189/.191 we improved the voice quality during a call , as was confirmed by several users as well - however we'll check again if the maximum volume was also decreased in order to keep the distortion in check.

I cant say I experience any issues with loudness but it may be due to ambient noises are not as high as some other places. We'll bring it back to the devs.

ZT-f092f57a
Star II
Thanks. Pls get this fixed in next FOTA.. it's a pain to hear through earpiece in noisy places.. 

ColorSage
Zen Master I
#bugreport
About bottom speaker, in  .189 besides lower maximum volume (seems like it's not just placebo effect to me) there is an audible high-pitching noise which can be heard in silent environments. I can't recall if that was the case with previous firmwares but I don't think so. Steps to reproduce:
1. Start playing audio from any source, keep volume low 
2. Set volume level to 0 without pausing audio source
3. There is about 33% chance of getting that noise. It will not turn off over time
4. To fix that, increase volume to any level
Anyway, it's super minor, just something I've noticed accidentally.

lovin2501
Star III
ColorSage said:
#bugreport
About bottom speaker, in  .189 besides lower maximum volume (seems like it's not just placebo effect to me) there is an audible high-pitching noise which can be heard in silent environments. I can't recall if that was the case with previous firmwares but I don't think so. Steps to reproduce:
1. Start playing audio from any source, keep volume low 
2. Set volume level to 0 without pausing audio source
3. There is about 33% chance of getting that noise. It will not turn off over time
4. To fix that, increase volume to any level
Anyway, it's super minor, just something I've noticed accidentally.
Please Mark this :
I got   .157 out of the box:
In .157 : I didn't had any issue with speakers (ear piece + bottom) output in MUSIC.
Yes :  In call the out put of earpiece was very sharp(shrilling) and able to hear all the noises goin around other side person on call.
Then I got .174 FOTA :
In
 .174  : MUSIC OUTPUT OF ( EAR PIECE + bottom SPEAKER) WAS LOWERED (LEVELED DOWN) compared to .157.
In call quality : earpiece output became warm compared to .157.
I got .191 FOTA on 29 aug 2019
NOW ON .191 
Ear piece + bottom SPEAKER  : levels on music output is very low as compared to .157. ( unfortunately 6z is sounding like other ordinary phones with single speaker) low frequency n high frequency both trimmed alot.
In call : the sharpness/  shrilling is gone completely.
Note * : in above versions (.157/.174/.191) I never faced distortion issue on bottom speaker neither on lowest vol nor on highest when any song or music is in play.

PLEASE WORK DIFFERENTLY ON:  
PHONE'S STEREO SPEAKERS OUTPUT ON  MUSIC
  &
 IT'S OUTPUT DURING CALL.
WHY OTIMIZING ONE IS AFFECTING OTHER ? BOTH ARE DIFFERENT SCENARIO & SHOULD HAVE DIFFERENT PROCESSING/LOGIC IN BACK GROUND.
IMPROVEMENT REQUIRED : ON MUSIC OUTPUT OF PHONE SPEAKERS. ( NO COMPROMISE ON :LOUDNESS + EITHER END OF THE FREQUENCIES)