Turbos
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After receiving a new phone from Asus due to unable to fix an issue under warranty, the new phone skips the part where I actually add a fingerprint. I have added screenshots of software and hardware versions as well as a screen recording of how the process fails. I have made sure the software is up to date and also have done a factory reset as well.
screenshot-20210131-123716164.jpg
screenshot-20210131-123722464.jpg
screenshot-20210131-123737217.jpg
screenshot-20210131-123744879.jpg
screenshot-20210131-125927718.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

ccdeguzm
Star II
Can anybody with custom firmware comment on their experience with anything like this? Just curious if I'll have to cross that line if the Android 11 update doesn't work out.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Turbos @ccdeguzm Sorry for the late response for this one, I seem to have missed it the first time around.
Are you still having issues with your fingerprint setup process? If so, mention or quote me and we'll take another look at it. Thanks!

ZT-e3e34418
Star I
Was there ever a solution on this? My mom's phone is having the exact same issue. She got the screen replaced after she dropped it and it's failing at the same point as the op. She actually just got the phone back after sending it back in to specifically have the fingerprint scanner fixed and they kept it for a month and sent it back with the same issue. I've factory reset the thing quite a few times and diagnostics is still saying that the fingerprint reader works.

For what it's worth, I have the same phone from launch and mine still works fine/allows me to register fingerprints still.

Turbos
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@Turbos @ccdeguzm Sorry for the late response for this one, I seem to have missed it the first time around.

Are you still having issues with your fingerprint setup process? If so, mention or quote me and we'll take another look at it. Thanks!

View post
No mine is still messed up and won't register fingerprints

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Turbos Thanks for your response. If you're up for it, I'd like to get a device log from you. I'll send you instructions via PM!