Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG Phone 5 | Launch Event | ROG
21 REPLIES 21

Android
Rising Star I
hermantan89

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154056#Comment_154056

If u #ANTICHINA, please don't use Asus. that's really racist!

View post
This has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. I have nothing against Chinese people (in fact, I am part Chinese and most of my friends are ethnically Chinese), but I do have problems with how the Chinese government runs things (which I'd rather not discuss since this isn't a platform for politics).
But going back to the topic at hand (which relates to ASUS products), the difference between Taiwanese companies like ASUS and other companies located in mainland China is that ASUS isn't controlled or influenced by the Chinese government. Privacy is part of the reason people love Apple products and there was even a point when Apple denied the United States government their request to unlock encrypted iPhones. In contrast, companies located in mainland China are required to give up any and all data requested by the government or be tried with treason.
I will continue to use ASUS products for as long as it remains an independent firm and autonomous to any form of government. Granted, I also wouldn't be surprised if ASUS does end up selling my data anyway but it's at least one less layer I have to worry about.
Gustav_ASUS

// Thread moved to the ROG Phone 5 section.

Gentle reminder that Zentalk is not a forum for political discussions.

View post
I apologize if my post got a little too political. It's just that technology and communication devices has been highly politicized due to privacy concerns and abuse of consumer data. I just wanted to voice out my concerns about Tencent bloatware in ASUS devices (which does stay on topic since it pertains to software included in the device).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
realistix

Audiophiles should not go for ASUS phones, literally most other high end phones are better. Headphone jack will not be included as per every phone (not a big loss). Dual front facing speakers is something included in phones from 2017, and yes they should do that. ASUS is partnering with Tencent for this phone, not sure why that is a problem imo.....Every phone has their own bloatware/software, just ignore the apps you dont want and pause them. If every phone was pure Android, we will end up in a iPhone situation, no new development. ASUS phone department has nothing to do with their PC hardware development. It would be a big stretch to see PC specifics added to their phone, unless money value added. Imo, I see them selling their phone assets to Tencent or some other company at some point. They have never really been serious about hardware and software updates on phone, unlike the PC hardware they make. Phones are about making quick money off flashy features, dig deeper and you see they're not actually trying very hard.

View post
There is so much wrong with that reply I don't even know where to begin.
Most flagship phones have the literal same dac as the Rog3. The reason for this is simple, because at a certain quality point it makes no difference. While the Rog5 now has probably on paper an even better dac, it makes no difference to you as a person. It's very similair to how 32bit vs 24bit audio is a stupid discussion and why phone displays don't have 8k resolution because you don't even see the difference with your naked eye anyways, same as you won't notice a difference in sound quality with the new ESS Sabre DAC vs other qualcom dacs.
The front facing speakers of the Rog 5 is excellent and very loud, much like the previous rog phones, They will absolutely smoke most phones out there quite easily. In terms of loudness I can only think of the lenovo P2 that would compete with the Rog phones.
Most people are concerned about tencent havnig to do something like spying on people due to how the china goverment can control companies, while it is unlikely it's still a possibility a lot of people are afraid of.
Also no, a phone can be quite clear from bloatware while having a clean look to them. Look at samsung how bloated those phones are, due to the massive bloat the batterylife suffers quite greatly.
Also quite sure ASUS is trying hard. If they did really just want to make a quick buck, they would pull a razer phone move, but ASUS is commited to their Rog phones.