This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 shutsdown while charging and now just randomly restarts.

JayeshB
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time i put it on charging
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I don't know why the hell did I pay 40k for ? Just to pay you guys more 27k later ?
I am seriously pissed about the fact that my phone was just randomly switching off while charging from last year after my warranty period expired but now my phone just randomly switches of when i am using instagram.
I took it to the service center and they did all the "diagnostics". They reinstalled the same crappy Firmware and told me that would fix the issue. just to tell me later that i have a motherboard issue and I have to pay 27k to replace it and that too doesn't guarantee the issue being resolved.
27k is almost the price of the phone i bought.
And this issue is with every ROG Phone 2 user.
I WANT THIS ISSUE TO BE FIXED IT'S AFFECTING MY WORK LIFE TOO.
@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS
5 REPLIES 5

ZT-95d471ef
Star III
Same here bro
they are like it's an electronic device, we are not responsible for this issue. And also to hide their defect, they said we will give you some discounts on the motherboard. Seriously DO NOT BUY ASUS PRODUCTS AGAIN.

Treating your consumers like shit. Shame on you ASUS.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi JayeshB,
Have already sent you a PM for your issue. Please post 1 thread for 1 query and issue.
@crzgokul@gmail.com,
Your case is already under process.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
JayeshB

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time i put it on charging

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I don't know why the hell did I pay 40k for ? Just to pay you guys more 27k later ?

I am seriously pissed about the fact that my phone was just randomly switching off while charging from last year after my warranty period expired but now my phone just randomly switches of when i am using instagram.

I took it to the service center and they did all the "diagnostics". They reinstalled the same crappy Firmware and told me that would fix the issue. just to tell me later that i have a motherboard issue and I have to pay 27k to replace it and that too doesn't guarantee the issue being resolved.

27k is almost the price of the phone i bought.

And this issue is with every ROG Phone 2 user.

I WANT THIS ISSUE TO BE FIXED IT'S AFFECTING MY WORK LIFE TOO.

@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

Rog Phone 2 shutsdown while charging and now just randomly restarts.
It's a hardware defect, it's a well documented defect that happens when the pm8150 ic starts to die.
If you have the knowledge and equpiment you should be able to fix the issue for roughly 5-7 bucks yourself.

dayakarch14
Star III
From the time they push a10 updates i regret everytime updating my device..Full of bugs . Now after yesterday update i face black screen when charge and play pubg and revert back to a9 and am never gonna update again. Asus updates are the worst LOL