This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden shut down and phone's temperature is so hot even with no background app running

indra13julius
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always (Since the aforementioned shutdown)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
After the initial shut down my phone keeps getting hotter even with no apps running. It stays at 40~43C° and hotter if I open apps.The battery is draining like water too. Restarting or shutting down the phone for awhile does not help. Delete some of my games or useless apps does not help too.
========================================
screenshot-20210225-090844058.jpg
screenshot-20210225-090715752.jpg

23 REPLIES 23

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Average smart phone internal temp are 45c don't worry about the heat it will turn off it self to prevent damages if it gets really hot

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
devicentextian

Average smart phone internal temp are 45c don't worry about the heat it will turn off it self to prevent damages if it gets really hot

View post
No it should not exceed more than 35 -38 c when on standby, there is something wrong with software

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154524#Comment_154524

No it should exceed more than 35 -38 c when on standby, there is something wrong with software

View post
In college, I keep my phone in silent mode with nothing running background but still it's gets hot in my pocket. I don't even use my phone in college until I reach home. Should i be worried?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
kompellavedanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154526#Comment_154526

In college, I keep my phone in silent mode with nothing running background but still it's gets hot in my pocket. I even use my phone in college until I reach home. Should i be worried?

View post
Is it warm outside? Body heat and the fact that it's in your pocket is factor for heat,but again don't worry

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Saifuddin

Guys yes heat will damage your device (mainly battery) in a long term but let me tell you , you guys dong have to worry about heat when you compare to ither devices becoz every ohone gets hot and every other device gets more hot than rog 3 but we can feal more heat in rog ohone becoz of that vent area which is located directly upon processors and which keeps out processor heat lower than other devices and thats the reason back panel gets heat faster than other devices

So its doing its job as its intended and better heat reduction than many other devices

But this doesn't change the fact that high heat is going to damage your battery so use bypass charging which will reduce heat by great extent and dont play in hot conditions also 50°C wont be any dangerous other than battery

Tried best to explain , hope this will help you guys 😉😁☺️

View post
It ain't easy to avoid heat for some of us and also the battery is more protected than most other phones,there is copper,metal and glass that vent the heat outside the phone,screen also
The battery won't get degraded because of heat,but normally and if you either play outside with a hot temperature or use bypass charging,the battery is kind of protected since it's not getting charged,but again,bypass charging will use the electrons from the cable,not from the battery,so it's even better than normal use
I would say it's 4 types of heat
Heat of charging:Which is the heat of the electricity that loads the battery
Normal heat:Which is when you game or use the battery
Bypass heat:Which is the heat that comes from the cable directly to the components outside the battery
And Climate heat:Which is the heat from the sun or the temperature of your room,that affects everything externally so not the battery