This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

hkorkut
Rising Star II
The value of 7 hours and 40 minutes is not something that happened just once. I have seen these values ​​many times.
But now it seems misleading to me that you share the 5-hour values ​​as normal.
It is about 7 hours and 40 minutes with the old battery and around 5 hours with the new battery. If there is any mistake, please correct it. If this topic is not software, then what is it?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

The value of 7 hours and 40 minutes is not something that happened just once. I have seen these values ​​many times.

But now it seems misleading to me that you share the 5-hour values ​​as normal.

It is about 7 hours and 40 minutes with the old battery and around 5 hours with the new battery. If there is any mistake, please correct it. If this topic is not software, then what is it?

View post
Do one thing please do you know what android version it was( also please dont forget to share that here) ? if yes, than the only way to compare is revert/downgrade back to same version again and than please check again if you get same SOT with that same version with your replaced battery if yes than it is software to blame on but please free to share some screenshots of battery page after downgrading i will definetly try to raise this if there is real diffrence and that should help us all.
Thanks!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Unfortunately I do not know which version. However, if it will be useful, I think the date I took the screenshot is 15.08.2020, I think it is necessary to find the android version on these dates.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

Unfortunately I do not know which version. However, if it will be useful, I think the date I took the screenshot is 15.08.2020, I think it is necessary to find the android version on these dates.

View post
The date you mentioned clears that it was August month and 5z got its latest version. 92 in july and next update was directly came in september for 5z so i guess it was july Firmware version. 92 and yes change log mentiones that misjudgement of battery was fixed with 92 see this 👇
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 5Z ZS620KL

【Release Date】

2020/07/23

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Updated Android security patch
  2. Fixed the screen brightness suddenly brightens occasionally
  3. Fixed system freeze issue if user leave the device for 50 seconds
  4. Fixed misjudgment of battery usage
  5. Fixed the occasional screen flashing twice when opening the screen
  6. Adjusted gesture navigation to return to Home animation

[200717] ZenFone 5Z ZS620KL_IN_100.10.107.92 (Android 10)

So now as android version is clear to all of us now please try above steps to find real culprit.
Downgrade to. 92 version>check SOT>share screenshots of battery page as proof here.
Then later i will carry forward from there.
Thanks!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
We cannot go directly to version 92 from the current version. It does not give a warning and install the old version. Is there any other method?