This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

hkorkut
Rising Star II
my device battery changed 2 months ago.
screenshot-20200815-234834800.jpg
And this is the battery case I got in one of the previous versions.
And now I ask amitgarde. Will you still say the software is ok?
There is a software problem in battery consumption. Here is the proof. So please stop misleading people to change batteries for nothing amitgarde.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
The 7 hours and 40 minutes information in the previous picture is a much better value than your new battery. Moreover, with my old battery and zenfone 5z software about 8-9 months ago.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Despite all this, it is still easy to replace the battery. But what should happen is that Asus resolves this battery drain software. In this case, who can say that I am speaking unfairly?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

my device battery changed 2 months ago.

screenshot-20200815-234834800.jpg

And this is the battery case I got in one of the previous versions.

And now I ask amitgarde. Will you still say the software is ok?

There is a software problem in battery consumption. Here is the proof. So please stop misleading people to change batteries for nothing amitgarde.

View post
Yes 7hrs 40 min SOT is really great with your old battery and also battery SOT are not always very accurate as it is android you should not 100% believe it. Also there are various factors to be considered for battery drains like how you use your phone what apps did you use its not that always you get 7 hrs 40min SOT from 100-1% it varies with ambient temperatures, networks fluctuations and background apps & data running background scannings etc etc....... (long story) and also its not always the same apps you use so totally depends on when & what apps we use and very importantly health of the battery.
Devs have made various comparisions with earlier versions of A10 with a healthy battery on number of 5z at a time and they dont see any huge diffrence with every 5z so according to them there is nothing wrong with software also let me tell you i have discussed this battery issue since months now you can say almost 8-9 months shared many logs and answer for every log was "we dont see any bug ar battery drain issues" and please dont forget to note good SOT we get for a single time is not always same so i say Android SOT are not that accurate to believe 100%.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
7 hours 40 minutes with old battery and 5 hours with new battery. Do you think there is a serious problem in this regard?

I think it is not normal for you to try to tell us that it is normal to get around 5 hours of screen usage.