This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden shut down and phone's temperature is so hot even with no background app running

indra13julius
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Always (Since the aforementioned shutdown)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
After the initial shut down my phone keeps getting hotter even with no apps running. It stays at 40~43C° and hotter if I open apps.The battery is draining like water too. Restarting or shutting down the phone for awhile does not help. Delete some of my games or useless apps does not help too.
========================================
screenshot-20210225-090844058.jpg
screenshot-20210225-090715752.jpg

23 REPLIES 23

atmsriram6
Rising Star II
Try to swithon safe mode as stated above it can reslove the issue,

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
indra13julius

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always (Since the aforementioned shutdown)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

After the initial shut down my phone keeps getting hotter even with no apps running. It stays at 40~43C° and hotter if I open apps.The battery is draining like water too. Restarting or shutting down the phone for awhile does not help. Delete some of my games or useless apps does not help too.

Sudden shut down and phone's temperature is so hot even with no background app running
Usually Frame rate affects it,try to see if you indeed have 60hz or 144hz etc.,same with climate,if your room temperature or when you are outside is very warm,and I mean when the sun directly looks at your phone,that can cause the increase in temperature
But I'm guessing it heats up inside the house?Try to specify your room temperature

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
indra13julius

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always (Since the aforementioned shutdown)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Same issue here, 39 Celsius and now I can't do anything about this. I want to buy new phone but can't do it.

botboy444
Zen Master I
kompellavedanth

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45121/sudden-shut-down-and-phones-temperature-is-so-hot-even-...

Same issue here, 39 Celsius and now I can't do anything about this. I want to buy new phone but can't do it.

View post
39c is normal, on hotter days that's roughly when mine is when gaming, when playing pubg mine hits upto 45

The chips have a max temp on 90c before they'll shut down

kompellavedanth
Rising Star I
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154475#Comment_154475

39c is normal, on hotter days that's roughly when mine is when gaming, when playing pubg mine hits upto 45

The chips have a max temp on 90c before they'll shut down

View post
But it's very uncomfortable to hold, I have used realme and red magic phone but never faced this issue.