cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS 
The screen flickers at extreme low brightness on white background like Instagram DM and Gmail etc. When suddenly brightness is dropped from medium or high to extreme low the flickering can be seen on white baground this happens only for extreme low brightness and dark room.This is not a hardware problem because at medium to high this doesn't happens.
43 REPLIES 43

ramaswamychandr
Star III
You didn't answer or solution it is pending from since 4 weeks

ramaswamychandr
Star III
So I created a new thread

cienko
Star III
I sent my phone for repair because of this, they updated the firmware, and sent it back with a note that phone had been tested. The whole thing took over a month. I wrote about it in different thread. The phone came back and the flickering was still there. I told them this and they said that I should apply for another RMA. Thank you ASUS Service Centre UK. I made an official complaint about service quality using the online form and guess who responded, the same person I was talking to before. This is how things work there. 

evnchn
Rising Star II
Just speculation but you can listen: LCD backlight have a pulsing frequency (PWM). If you use cheap lightbulbs / poorly designed LED bulbs, the light coming from the bulbs will flicker at the lines voltage frequency. If the frequency of the PWM is not a multiple of 50, you get flicker in 50Hz electricity regions. Same goes for 60Hz. 
Not sure if this is correct, so please try this under sunlight for testing. 

cienko
Star III
The first thing I tried was to test it in a dark room with no artificial lighting. Still flickered.