Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
7 REPLIES 7

gdstew
Star I
Yes, that is one of the pages I found. As you can see it might as well not be there at all. If you go to any of the other learn more links on the other VivoBook laptops you will find actual information. This forum will not allow me to post links yet but like I said google search for VivoBook 15 S513IA and look for store.asus.com to find the other. I did find one other link to an Asus web page with a much better description but I can not figure out how I got there (see last paragraph).
As per original post/replay, I already knew about the DDR4 3200(MHz). CAS latency (it's in the post) 17 to 22 clock cycles is what is available and I'd like to match what is soldered on to the laptop. Lower number of clock cycles is faster, more expensive, and wasted if not supported by the laptop. Some PC motherboard memory modules have 14 clock cycle CAS latency modules available so you can see that 22 is really SLOW!. There are three other important SDRAM timing parameters specified when you look at the manufacturers SO-DIMM modules specifications and they usually follow CAS latency as in they all will will have lower or higher clock cycle numbers too. This has a cascading effect on how slow these memories will be.
Also, not to belabor the point but finding ANY documentation, even the very basic specs for this Laptop is like looking for a needle in a haystack 10 miles high! I am a long time buyer of Asus PC motherboards, mostly AMD, and finding full documentation and downloads for some of the 10 year old ones is easier.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
gdstew

Yes, that is one of the pages I found. As you can see it might as well not be there at all. If you go to any of the other learn more links on the other VivoBook laptops you will find actual information. This forum will not allow me to post links yet but like I said google search for VivoBook 15 S513IA and look for store.asus.com to find the other. I did find one other link to an Asus web page with a much better description but I can not figure out how I got there (see last paragraph).

As per original post/replay, I already knew about the DDR4 3200(MHz). CAS latency (it's in the post) 17 to 22 clock cycles is what is available and I'd like to match what is soldered on to the laptop. Lower number of clock cycles is faster, more expensive, and wasted if not supported by the laptop. Some PC motherboard memory modules have 14 clock cycle CAS latency modules available so you can see that 22 is really SLOW!. There are three other important SDRAM timing parameters specified when you look at the manufacturers SO-DIMM modules specifications and they usually follow CAS latency as in they all will will have lower or higher clock cycle numbers too. This has a cascading effect on how slow these memories will be.

Also, not to belabor the point but finding ANY documentation, even the very basic specs for this Laptop is like looking for a needle in a haystack 10 miles high! I am a long time buyer of Asus PC motherboards, mostly AMD, and finding full documentation and downloads for some of the 10 year old ones is easier.

View post
If your laptop comes with intel processor means, then maximum capacity of RAM is indicated in intel processor technical specifications page

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello gdstew,
Well... the latency does not really matter for this case, because it is set up and can not be adjust.
Please kindly buy any DDR4 3200Hz 1.2V RAM up to 8GB, it's fine.
Thank you.