Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness

Comments

• ColorSage said:
    ok, there are 4 people in this thread that are experiencing this issue and I will forward your findings and detailed problem description to see if we can find what is wrong. I could be that all four of you have faulty units because I still can't see this on my own device, even when charging. But lets see what we can find.
    I couldn't see the issue before but after getting exact values I can tell that there is a slight backlight pulsing.
    Agreed. Me too. Very damn feeble. Tough to notice
  • @Anders_ASUS
     1st condition when charging at 27% brightness the display flickers but when value is changed from this its stop even when brightness is zero 
    2nd condition without charging it doesn't Flickers at 27% but when brightness is reduced from midway toh
     zero it does.
    I don't know it's a hardware or software please help someone can confirm what is this .
  • We will do our best to find out if this is a general issue and how we can fix it. I will try and use my device more in these conditions to see if I can trigger the flickering. Thanks for your detailed problem description. It's very helpful!
  • ok, there are 4 people in this thread that are experiencing this issue and I will forward your findings and detailed problem description to see if we can find what is wrong. I could be that all four of you have faulty units because I still can't see this on my own device, even when charging. But lets see what we can find.
    I faced a similar issue, but with normal brithness. After attempting to open some app, screen started flickering for a while before app turned on
  • Make it 5. I too am facing the screen flickering issue at minimum brightness.
  • Yes this is a issue i think in indian units and here i want to mention that i went to service centre the tech guy acknowledged the problem and what he said broke my heart . He told that it's common on LCD panelles and this is not a issue and denied me service .See i m not telling that to completely replace my device atleast they should fix the problem and if they are not going to solve my problem then i will seek consumer court .
    All those Indians facing this issue can mail me so that i will open a case . I have already tweeted to Asus india u should too.
    [email protected]  
  • ferxo13ferxo13 Level 2
    edited August 2019
    ok, there are 4 people in this thread that are experiencing this issue and I will forward your findings and detailed problem description to see if we can find what is wrong. I could be that all four of you have faulty units because I still can't see this on my own device, even when charging. But lets see what we can find.
    Make it 6, I have the same problem. I put the brightness to 27% charging it and enter to instagram DM or anything with white background the flicker is notable and when I am in my room completely dark and the brightness at zero the blinking is equally remarkable. I'm in France but I'm not from Europe I recently bought the phone (like 10 days).
  • I can see the flickering on exactly 27% of brightness and I'm from Europe. Not severe but visible.
  • midwejmidwej Level 1
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes on 27%, I have the same feeling. But imo there is no way how to record it.
  • You didn't answer or solution it is pending from since 4 weeks
  • So I created a new thread
  • I sent my phone for repair because of this, they updated the firmware, and sent it back with a note that phone had been tested. The whole thing took over a month. I wrote about it in different thread. The phone came back and the flickering was still there. I told them this and they said that I should apply for another RMA. Thank you ASUS Service Centre UK. I made an official complaint about service quality using the online form and guess who responded, the same person I was talking to before. This is how things work there. 
  • Just speculation but you can listen: LCD backlight have a pulsing frequency (PWM). If you use cheap lightbulbs / poorly designed LED bulbs, the light coming from the bulbs will flicker at the lines voltage frequency. If the frequency of the PWM is not a multiple of 50, you get flicker in 50Hz electricity regions. Same goes for 60Hz. 
    Not sure if this is correct, so please try this under sunlight for testing. 
  • The first thing I tried was to test it in a dark room with no artificial lighting. Still flickered.
  • Still no one replied at least acknowledge us what solution you are trying to resolve the problem moderator really I feel bad about posting problem you don't reply and creating a new thread you just replied that don't create duplicate thread.
  • Happening for me too, though I don't hope for the problem to be solved 
  • Hi all , 
    Our engineers have now identified the root cause of the issue of flashing at 27% and a fix plan is under work.
  • Thank you for the acknowledge.
  • Waiting for it and I appreciate for the quick reply.
  • I'm waiting impatiently for the fix and I'm glad that ASUS engineers finally aknowledged the problem.
This discussion has been closed.