cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 freezes and reboot while gaming

vijayajt
Star II
Frequency of Occurrence: very often
Hi, I have Rog 2 which freezes and shut down every time I am playing game or sometimes using other apps too. I guess the problems started after the last update. Earlier it used to get restarted by itself, nowadays It just crashes and I have to manually restart the phone.
It's too frustrating that I can't play games on a gaming phone.
25 REPLIES 25

CLClasen
Star I
Random, i never Player pupg. Playing Games Like Black Desert or GeforceNow. But Not only in Games, also while surfing or even when Handy in Idle. And some day It Just shut down and Out. Not even Chance to save Data.

CLClasen
Star I
And jeah, Support in Germany ist nice. Got a Return Ticket to the Service Center, was able to Check ever step they did and hadnt pay one Cent.

nasrmhan
Star I
so far for me it only happens while playing pubg. first, the sound goes out then it freezes. so I don't think it's a hardware issue. but if any have the same issue please share and post ur solutions.

nasrmhan
Star I
any help from anyone?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
nasrmhan

any help from anyone?

View post
Changing your motherboard is the only solution here if you are in warrenty period than you should definetly rush to service centre for a fix before your device gets out of warrenty & completely dead because most of restart related issues are hardware problems and most of them are motherboard for sure.
To locate nearest service centre👇

Choose your region | Official Support | ASUS Global
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call👇

Call Us | Official Support | ASUS Global
Note :- please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre.
Thanks!