This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera cannot flip GENERAL ISSUE

sousaepedro
Star II
Gentlemen, it's been clearly noticed by several users that there's an issue with your phones main feature. The flip camera.
There are several users that have been faced with a camera that won't flip. No matter what model, firmware version, app, it won't flip. The only feedback it gives is the image on whatever software is trying to flip the camera flips, and we get an android system notification with the message 'cannot flip' (example below). This has happened to me since the first time I tried flipping the camera. Only then it happened intermittently. Now I've been 5 days with a camera that won't flip. Even got a firmware update during those 5 days. To no avail. 
There are several threads on this issue and only one has any sort of apparent looking into it via a log file. 
Nothing tangible from you. 
I really want to defend your phone and it you're not making it easy which is disappointing for a 21 year long recurring customer.
I'm available for anything you might need from me as far as debugging goes. If you want me to run this with ADB and some tool I will. I just want to help you guys fix your ( my) phone.
Zero feedback is downright disrespectful towards us. 
So start by properly letting us what the issue is, because at this point either your devs did ZERO looking into it or you already know but haven't found a solution. Which I'm fine with for now. But just man up, be accountable and give us the chance to respect you for that.
tlhwknfc98x2.jpguw4bnv9uoh2o.jpg
33 REPLIES 33

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Gotcha ?
Could you refer one to me, please?
I'm in Lisbon, Portugal 
Please see here, for contact information to the Portuguese service team.
https://www.asus.com/pt/support/CallUs

hugo_alkmim
Star I
Hey ASUS,
I'm with the same issue.
Well, for the first while till yesterday, the camera sometimes wasn't working right, on standard cam without set to flip, the CAMERA CANNOT FLIP shows (sometimes), and sometimes the camera didn't stow or deploy to extend position. And sometimes it happen to whatsapp video call too. But since yesterday evening, these trouble is always happening, third party apps and native camera app.
My device still up to date ever, but I don't wanna to send to a repair starting yet.

Hey asus my asus 6z camara cannot flip problem please help me

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Camara cannot flip

View post
Have you checked the advice earlier in this thread? Do you have a screen cover or dirt covering the proximity sensor?
If not, or if cleaning the area doesn't improve the situation, then you need to contact your local repair center for a hardware repair.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Camara cannot flip

View post
Check the other thread from this post:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50696/#Comment_50696