Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG Phone 5 | Launch Event | ROG
21 REPLIES 21

Aryan202
Community Legend I
img-20210218-203950-096.jpg
Confirmed specs as of now:
6.78 inch OLED display (144hz or higher)
65 W charging support
6000mah battery
Customisable anime matrix on the back
Triple camera setup (main is an 64mp sensor) probably imx 686 or something newer
Smaller bezels (retains both front firing speakers)

Android
Rising Star I
The ROG Phone 5 should be good if it has dual front facing stereo speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Qi wireless charging would be a nice bonus too. ASUS needs to remember that most of the people interested in the ROG brand are power users and many of us are audiophiles.
Also, it would be wise to not integrate Tencent bloatware/spyware for the North American and International versions of the device. This has never been the case to my understanding but it should be mentioned just in case any funny ideas were made. It's always nice to be as close to stock Android as possible.
――――――――――――――――
Lastly and personally, it would've been very cool if the ROG x Gundam collaboration extended to the ROG Phone series. The collab between ASUS and Bandai on creating Gundam and Zaku themed PC components looked amazing and would've translated really well on phones. I would've loved to get a Gundam themed phone but that's just me. I just love Gundam and think that mecha anime aesthetically go hand in hand with cutting edge technology.

realistix
Rising Star I
Audiophiles should not go for ASUS phones, literally most other high end phones are better. Headphone jack will not be included as per every phone (not a big loss). Dual front facing speakers is something included in phones from 2017, and yes they should do that. ASUS is partnering with Tencent for this phone, not sure why that is a problem imo.....Every phone has their own bloatware/software, just ignore the apps you dont want and pause them. If every phone was pure Android, we will end up in a iPhone situation, no new development. ASUS phone department has nothing to do with their PC hardware development. It would be a big stretch to see PC specifics added to their phone, unless money value added. Imo, I see them selling their phone assets to Tencent or some other company at some point. They have never really been serious about hardware and software updates on phone, unlike the PC hardware they make. Phones are about making quick money off flashy features, dig deeper and you see they're not actually trying very hard.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
realistix

Audiophiles should not go for ASUS phones, literally most other high end phones are better. Headphone jack will not be included as per every phone (not a big loss). Dual front facing speakers is something included in phones from 2017, and yes they should do that. ASUS is partnering with Tencent for this phone, not sure why that is a problem imo.....Every phone has their own bloatware/software, just ignore the apps you dont want and pause them. If every phone was pure Android, we will end up in a iPhone situation, no new development. ASUS phone department has nothing to do with their PC hardware development. It would be a big stretch to see PC specifics added to their phone, unless money value added. Imo, I see them selling their phone assets to Tencent or some other company at some point. They have never really been serious about hardware and software updates on phone, unlike the PC hardware they make. Phones are about making quick money off flashy features, dig deeper and you see they're not actually trying very hard.

View post
Nah other stereo phones have an weaker earpiece and an bottom secondary speaker in general stereo yes but they can't match two front firing stereo speakers and Rog has better amps and optimisation by Dirac for speakers (bass)
Plus Rog 5 has an headphone jack with high end ESS dac (just like LG V flagships) so it'll be a perfect bit for audiophiles
Rest of the spec as you know are top notch
6000mah battery with 65 w charging,sd 888 etc
And Tencent is meant for Chinese regions global models are a bit different