This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC doesn't work with Brother printer

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
Hi guys, my Zenfone 6 NFC doesn't work with my Brother MFC-L2750WD printer. Zenfone and printer connect each other via NFC but, when I try to print photo or document, the attached error message appeares. I've already tried switching off/on the printer and fully charging ZF6, but still doesn't work. Any solutions? Thanks a lot. Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_yn_ev7gbtuzmynn.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Quickly browsing the web, it seems what is supposed to happen is that the printer and phone should establish a wifi-direct connection with each other. 
Do you have Wifi turned on (not sure if it should be necessary but worth trying) ?

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS said:
Quickly browsing the web, it seems what is supposed to happen is that the printer and phone should establish a wifi-direct connection with each other. 
Do you have Wifi turned on (not sure if it should be necessary but worth trying) ?
Hi CH and thanks for your support.
Yes, the ZF6 and printer do connect (even) via wifi-direct but this is not the way I want to do it (and it doesn't need the near field communication).
Previously, I always connected my ZenFone 2 to the printer via NFC and I could print every kind of photo or document.
By now the ZF6 and printer connect via NFC (Brother app establishes the communication) but the print command doesn't work.
Maybe it could be a firmware or driver problem (of ZF6 or Brother)?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
It's really not easy to say.. so the NFC connection is actually doing the data transmitting as well, in the case of how it is supposed to work with the Brother printer? 

As in the NFC is not just used to establish pairing for something else (BT/Wifi etc).

We'll check backwards if there are any tests you could do to help us debug.. other than that , maybe contacting Brother might help as well?

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
Hi CH, I'm going to contact Brother staff and ask if they have encountered any problem.