This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6z feature requests

Ash0101
Star I
1. A button to switch data from sim1 to sim2 and vise versa must be provided. ( Like in Oxygen OS)
2. Camera toolbar must have a toggle button to toggle between primary and secondary camera. This way video calling apps must be able to switch between main and wideangle camera. 
20 REPLIES 20

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS said:
lovin2501 said:
lovin2501 said:
CH_ASUS said:
lovin2501 said:
CH_ASUS said:
I'll log the issue to the devs but as for C-ii , I am not sure this is a solution that needs fixing?
AudioWizard relates to audio output itself - but screen recorder captures the audio before that chain.
In that case please refer to the attached ref. Videos: both issues I mentioned i.e. issue
 C (i)  Audio wizard not working with Amazon Music . C(ii) Audio wizard stops working with other music apps when screen recorder is on.
Both issues occuring with my Asus 6z _6gb_64gb only. On the other hand both issues not occuring in another member Asus 6z_8gb_256gb version.
I need fix / resolution to both issues.
As for C(ii)
As mentioned AudioWizard happens at a later stage - and screen recorder in "internal audio" picks the audio before that. As such you wont get any differences when playing music - and starting screen recorder - and then changing audio presets.

However, go into screen recorder settings (long press the quick start icon).
Find "Record Audio"
Change it from "internal audio" to "Microphone".
Now the screen recorder will pick up audio from the mic instead of internally (and yes it will pick up other ambient sounds).

Can't comment on what settings the other person has/had, but it is likely something like this. After viewing your "no issue" clip , I actually couldnt hear any change in audiowizard presets either. And reproducing it on my device yields the same results.

For C(i) ; I'll check back with RD and we'll try to reproduce the issue and see where that happens.
There's a difference ..how ? The other person's recording yields Stereo output with Screen recorder clip ...This won't be possible in case if external mic was the prefrence to pick audio..this justifies his recording was done on internal prefrence only 
I also tried external mic but the recorded sound is mono n very bad in quality.
Please look into this and check why is this happening on my unit.
Both issues of Audio Wizard (i) Not working with Amazon Music & (ii) Audio wizards stop working with Screen recorder on remains unresolved even after .191 update. Please address & resolve issues asap.
We've opened up a ticket for AudioWizard + Amazon Music.

As for AudioWizard not working with Screen Recorder, I'm still not sure this is intended to work, but it seems results are different for different devices (if I go by the reports here on ZenTalk) - as such, we're going to investigate if/why discrepancies happen.
Thankyou very much! Will be waiting for updates in this regards. Also 6gb Ram and 855 SoC is not a poor configuration, where such discrepancies should occur that a running /active engine/app gets disable on its own (if intended then it should behave across all device n configuration). 
All the best Asus Team!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Can you try disabling Outdoor Mode or enable then disable? + Reboot
Then try with Amazon Music?

We are also helping our RD debug this; 
We are getting Amazon Music to work here on our 6GB Devices.
I also tried screen recording in "Internal Audio" and 
1) It records stereo
2) It does not record AudioWizard EQ effects.

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS said:

1) It records stereo
Okay here's observations when I tried as you suggested:
1) outdoor mode was in disabled state > I enabled it > rebooted> triggered amazon music app > observed audio wizard not working.> Finally stoped amazon music. 
2) now outdoor mode in enabled state( as from step 1) > disabled it> rebooted  > triggered amazon music > audio wizard activated this time with effects n spectrum/ visulizations.
So it started working with amazon this way as of now ...but need to observe if it's permanent or temporary.( This cannot be solution I believe )

Further on screen recorder + internal audio + audio wizard : I am not saying that stereo recording is not happening but in other guy case ..audio wizard remains active even with internal audio n screen recorder on...that was my point I just given ref. Of stereo recording to justify that he was using internal audio and not external mic....yet his Audio wizard works.... It's doesn't gets stop with screen recorder on + internal audio as well

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lovin2501 said:
CH_ASUS said:

1) It records stereo
1) outdoor mode was in disabled state > I enabled it > rebooted> triggered amazon music app > observed audio wizard not working.> Finally stoped amazon music. 
2) now outdoor mode in enabled state( as from step 1) > disabled it> rebooted  > triggered amazon music > audio wizard activated this time with effects n spectrum/ visulizations.
So it started working with amazon this way as of now ...but need to observe if it's permanent or temporary.( This cannot be solution I believe )

Further on screen recorder + internal audio + audio wizard : I am not saying that stereo recording is not happening but in other guy case ..audio wizard remains active even with internal audio n screen recorder on...that was my point I just given ref. Of stereo recording to justify that he was using internal audio and not external mic....yet his Audio wizard works.... It's doesn't gets stop with screen recorder on + internal audio as well

1+2) it may not be the fix - but it could be the way to reset the bug to "fix it", and so far it seems working right?  I've asked our devs to study why a bug like this happened whereby Amazon Music would not work with AudioWizard (that required this step to fix).

For reference: Audiowizard EQ are not supposed to work with Outdoor Mode turn ON. When outdoor mode is ON, there will be an interface block for the EQ presets.

As for internal audio recording + audiowizard = you will see the interface yes. But the audio itself wont be altered. This is what we are seeing now on our own devices as well.  

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS said:
lovin2501 said:
CH_ASUS said:

1) It records stereo

1+2) it may not be the fix - but it could be the way to reset the bug to "fix it", and so far it seems working right?  I've asked our devs to study why a bug like this happened whereby Amazon Music would not work with AudioWizard (that required this step to fix).

For reference: Audiowizard EQ are not supposed to work with Outdoor Mode turn ON. When outdoor mode is ON, there will be an interface block for the EQ presets.

As for internal audio recording + audiowizard = you will see the interface yes. But the audio itself wont be altered. This is what we are seeing now on our own devices as well.  
Correct & agreed on both of your clarifications n explanations. 
I conclude following things based on excellent support I got from you n team :
I)Amazon music + audio wizard issue ... Is analysed to its root cause ...currently you guys provided workaround to get it work & will be resolved permanently soon.
2) audio wizard effects don't work with screen recorder + internal audio but
interface /visualisations remains active / works on few devices .. while gets killed on others. Hopefully such devices will also optimised to handle visualization/ interface similarly as on other devices where it works.