System: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Battery or AC: both
Model: Zenbook 15 UX534FTC
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: No
========================
Detailed description:
I sent my laptop to service center for camera issue where they replaced the entire screen for it. Camera is now working fine, but I just noticed few days after that keyboard backlight is not working anymore! I was able to use earlier though.
F7 button itself is working fine, and registered with Windows; but when I use it with fn button to control keyboard backlight it doesn't work at all!
I tried other buttons (F1 -> F12) with fn button, and all hotkey functions are working fine except F7 (backlight).
I installed latest BIOS (version 306), and latest version of ASUS System Control Interface V2 (V2.2.35.0); and still didn't fix the issue.
I hope there will be a fix without the need to do another reset or going to service center again!
6 REPLIES 6

realstephenbair
Star III
This has got to be a software issue. There are at least three cases now of this happening after RMA. I'm willing to bet it happens to anyone who does a reset. There's got to be some driver that is missing from the Asus downloads. Anyone willing to do a Windows reset and confirm?

ejstein
Star I
Yep. did that too! triple checked after reset for the updates etc... F7 still does not work (as my hotkey to turn on the keyboard lights). All the other hotkeys work as normal. my F7 key used to work before the RMA service i sent it in for, now this. (p.s. is there any other way to turn on my keyboard back lights?).