This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Quality after .189 update

Saran
Rising Star II
I have updated to .189 manually since Indian users didn't receive FOTA , the call quality is better than before with less distortion/screeching than before but it's still there and still the volume during calls is low, can't hear in louder environment, @Anders_ASUS  you said it will be fixed in the next update , were you talking about .189 or/and also you said you don't know the ETA about the fix ,so it's not completely fixed in this update ? What is it then ?
14 REPLIES 14

GamerArc
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Saran said:
CH_ASUS said:
Saran said:
I have updated to .189 manually since Indian users didn't receive FOTA , the call quality is better than before with less distortion/screeching than before but it's still there and still the volume during calls is low, can't hear in louder environment, @Anders_ASUS  you said it will be fixed in the next update , were you talking about .189 or/and also you said you don't know the ETA about the fix ,so it's not completely fixed in this update ? What is it then ?
Hi,
.189 and .191 (for IN users) have the latest improvements. We will continue monitoring and find ways to keep tweaking the audio performance but there are also limitations to the earpiece receiver itself. 
Oh, Man, you are making me nervous, so whatever you do the call quality will not be on par with other devices with ordinary earpiece ?
It's difficult for us to judge what you expect from an "ordinary earpiece". We have been tuning the quality throughout the past months. In my own opinion, comparing the quality now , I personally find it better than several "normal earpiece phones" but also not as good as some other "normal earpiece phones".  
By 'several' you mean the cheap midrangers and by ''other' you mean the budget flagships competing in 6z's price bracket.

Bad earpiece quality is a massive flaw. Asus did not execute its testing well b4 releasing the phone or maybe asus thinks that talking on a SD855 phone is the last thing a user does.

I have now made peace with the fact that in trying to push the phone bezel less asus went overboard and scewed the call quality which will never improve due to inherent design limitations.  This alone is a deal breaker for me but I am stuck with this phone now.

SELFIES ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN TALKING OVER PHONE. ASK ANYONE!!!!!

Mods, please increase in call volume, it has been decreased drastically after 191 update.. Can't hear anything unless in a silent room..

cienko
Star III
Looks like with this earpiece you can't get both the high volume and clear, distortion-free sound.

Saran
Rising Star II
ya , I can't always have a earphone with me for this..!!!! Increase the volume...

GamerArc
Rising Star II
With passage of time, the earpiece is bothering me less and less.. I am getting used to it.