Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am 100% satisfied with my Zenfone 6

pavelvarga24
Star III
Hello
I just want to bring a little positivity to this thread
I'll start with software. I am happy that I got Android 10 & then Android 11, I didn't have any bugs or issues, my Android 11 is solid, everything works, no bugs, the phone is the fastest it's ever been. I want to thank all the developers for the sw support, Android 11 works flawlessly for me.
And now I'm gonna talk about the phone itself.
Why I chose the Zenfone 6? It was easy. I wanted:
Flat display
3,5mm headphone jack
No display notch (or punchhole)
At least 8GB of RAM
Flagship processor for games & smooth, powerful experience (Snapdragon 855 is plenty powerful even to this day)
Micro SD card slot or at least 256 GB of internal storage (ZF6 has both)
Reasonable price. I didn't want to pay $1000 for a smartphone (ZF6 in 8/256 variant cost me $700, which is still a lot, but reasonable with prices these days)
Zenfone 6 was literally the only smartphone on the market that met my criteria. So I bought it, in the 8/256GB variant, and I am happy that I did.
And even to this day, there aren't too many phones on the market with this featureset. There are actually only few:
Sony Xperia 1 II (expensive AF), Xiaomi Poco F2 pro... And that's about it. There also was the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K29 Pro), but it wasn't sold in 8/256 variant in my country. 6/128 wasn't quite enough for me, so I skipped it.
That's why I want to keep my Zenfone 6 for as long as possible. Every single other phone on the market misses at least 1 of my feature requirements (most often it's the 3,5mm jack, that includes the ZF 7 & 7 Pro). Also, 99% of the phones have notches & punchholes in the displays these days, I hate that.
Zenfone 6 also brings me a lot of little stuff that doesn't shine on the spec sheet, but it's very useful in daily life, for example: glove support, LED notification light (rarity these days), smart key. The smart key is unique feature, I use it every day, it's sad that Asus dropped it in ZF7. I also like the display, I love AMOLED panels, but the LCD in ZF6 is so good that I don't mind not having OLED. Also the LCD will never get burn-in issues, so that's good. Also the speakers are very good, I like the fact that you can EQ the sound output of the speakers. Many smartphones do have EQ, but it's limited to headphones only. It just simply seems like whoever designed the ZF6 actually used their brain to design it properly.
So to conclude my post: I want to thank everyone involved in developing this phone & all software developers for their work, I am one satisfied and happy customer. I love my ZF6 and I don't want any other phone. When I'm gonna be buying new phone in the future, it's definitely going to be ASUS again.
16 REPLIES 16

aubry_pierre45
Star III
Yeah, I'm sorry too. Also I should have mentionned I didn't do a factory reset yet which could have an impact.

marcoborgesrp
Star III
I agree with all the reports, I was a fan of the brand for the motherboards, then it was the Zenfone 2 then the Zenfone 4 MAX, and now the Zenfone 6, just joy, thank you very much ASUS for the excellent devices that you make.

superniiice
Star III
I fully agree with all the positive experiences with Zenfone 6 mentioned above. Run it on A9, A10 and now A11 without any major flaws or hickups since my purchase in June 2019. Fully contented and satisfied user, please keep up this excellent work for me to stick to Zenfone Zx as soon as required. I've never had such a reliable and stable mobile ever since starting using them in 1995 (Siemens S3). The only comparable device was the very 1st edition of Sammy Galaxy Note in 2012 besides a very oldskool and "not smart yet" N0kia device.
Honest and solid craftsmanship!

john_kissane
Star III
Thumbs up from me as well, it's a great device. Will definitely be considering a ZF8 or 9 whenever I feel the need for a change, probably only when 5G service is widely available where I live.

hannabijoy
Star II
Agreed, the zenfone 6 (or called the 6z in my region) has been an excellent phone till date, great battery life, stable, clean UI, fast and quick updates.
Some people faced motherboard issues and I think that effected the sales of an otherwise excellent device. Even the zenfone 7 doesn't have the 3.5mm jack which is a shame imo.

Also the zenfone 7 wasn't launched in my region, probably because the zenfone 6 didn't have satisfactory sales.

Hopefully the zenfone 8 is launched here, with the right marketing and after sales service it can definitely take on OnePlus.