This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vowifi on jio not working on 5Z after latest update

ayushagrwal
Star I
My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!
15 REPLIES 15

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
JACKSPARROW

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152413#Comment_152413

I Never Face This Type Of Issue .. Its Completely New 🤔

View post
Its rare yes but I have faced this once or twice. If the phone was on VoWifi and you leave your house or go out of range, wifi disconnects but VoLTE doesn't come. Mobile data still works but calls fail to connect. Happened once or twice with me.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
VoWifi isn't perfect (as with most technical things) if it can't switch back to VoLTE on rare occasions then simply toggle airplane mode.
To those of you who experience trouble getting VoWifi to work at all. Two requirements must be met.
In Wi-Fi calling settings make sure you've set it to "Call over Wi-Fi"
Walk up to the router whenever wifi calling is lost to get it back. After this you can walk around normally. It needs a strong signal to reconnect.

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

VoWifi isn't perfect (as with most technical things) if it can't switch back to VoLTE on rare occasions then simply toggle airplane mode.

To those of you who experience trouble getting VoWifi to work at all. Two requirements must be met.

1. In Wi-Fi calling settings make sure you've set it to "Call over Wi-Fi"
  2. Walk up to the router whenever wifi calling is lost to get it back. After this you can walk around normally. It needs a strong signal to reconnect.

View post
This Working Anyway Can You Add toggle VoWifi On / Off Button. Because Difficult Go There ..

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Anders_ASUS

2. Walk up to the router whenever wifi calling is lost to get it back. After this you can walk around normally. It needs a strong signal to reconnect.

View post
Thanksalot for your helpful response 😊 always appreciate your attention sir 🙏

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

View post
Thank you so much @Anders_ASUS !! But going by what you have said it is still a bug, so are we working towards having a fix for it. Network connectivity features are the most important ones. So can we expect a fix for this in whatever future updates may still be left?
Thanks!