Android Pay Still doesn't work after Android 11 stable patch

Supra
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 64GB ROM
Firmware Version: WW_18.1610.2101.127
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Pay v2.124.353949344
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I can't add my Bank of Scotland card to Google pay after a beta version a couple updates ago. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Pay. Factory reset is a last resort, I'm interested to see if it's a common issue.
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Supra

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6 64GB ROM
  2. Firmware Version: WW_18.1610.2101.127
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Pay v2.124.353949344

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I can't add my Bank of Scotland card to Google pay after a beta version a couple updates ago. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Pay. Factory reset is a last resort, I'm interested to see if it's a common issue.

Android Pay Still doesn't work after Android 11 stable patch
It should work. What does it say if you download and run the "SafetyNet Status" app?

Supra
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44717/android-pay-still-doesnt-work-after-android-11-stable-p...

It should work. What does it say if you download and run the "SafetyNet Status" app?

View post
I couldn't find 'Safetynet Status' but they should all work the same, it passes.
screenshot-20210218-011933192.png

_jis_
Zen Master III
It's not obvious from your question, so I'll ask:
Do you have a card in Google Pay and normally pay with it? This works for you? You just can't add another card, the one you named, right?
Or do you want to add your first card and start using contactless cell phone payments and you can't?

Supra
Rising Star I
_jis_

It's not obvious from your question, so I'll ask:

Do you have a card in Google Pay and normally pay with it? This works for you? You just can't add another card, the one you named, right?

Or do you want to add your first card and start using contactless cell phone payments and you can't?

View post
The latter. I had the card in for the majority of beta testing, then I believe a couple updates before the stable release, Google Pay didn't work citing SafetyNet (I didn't confirm it with an app, I just assumed it's beta and there will be problems, I did report it back then) so I removed it/reinstalled Google Pay. Since then, I haven't been able to add it. Obviously the card hasn't expired or anything obvious like that.
screenshot-20210222-115114403.png