Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am 100% satisfied with my Zenfone 6

pavelvarga24
Star III
Hello
I just want to bring a little positivity to this thread
I'll start with software. I am happy that I got Android 10 & then Android 11, I didn't have any bugs or issues, my Android 11 is solid, everything works, no bugs, the phone is the fastest it's ever been. I want to thank all the developers for the sw support, Android 11 works flawlessly for me.
And now I'm gonna talk about the phone itself.
Why I chose the Zenfone 6? It was easy. I wanted:
Flat display
3,5mm headphone jack
No display notch (or punchhole)
At least 8GB of RAM
Flagship processor for games & smooth, powerful experience (Snapdragon 855 is plenty powerful even to this day)
Micro SD card slot or at least 256 GB of internal storage (ZF6 has both)
Reasonable price. I didn't want to pay $1000 for a smartphone (ZF6 in 8/256 variant cost me $700, which is still a lot, but reasonable with prices these days)
Zenfone 6 was literally the only smartphone on the market that met my criteria. So I bought it, in the 8/256GB variant, and I am happy that I did.
And even to this day, there aren't too many phones on the market with this featureset. There are actually only few:
Sony Xperia 1 II (expensive AF), Xiaomi Poco F2 pro... And that's about it. There also was the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K29 Pro), but it wasn't sold in 8/256 variant in my country. 6/128 wasn't quite enough for me, so I skipped it.
That's why I want to keep my Zenfone 6 for as long as possible. Every single other phone on the market misses at least 1 of my feature requirements (most often it's the 3,5mm jack, that includes the ZF 7 & 7 Pro). Also, 99% of the phones have notches & punchholes in the displays these days, I hate that.
Zenfone 6 also brings me a lot of little stuff that doesn't shine on the spec sheet, but it's very useful in daily life, for example: glove support, LED notification light (rarity these days), smart key. The smart key is unique feature, I use it every day, it's sad that Asus dropped it in ZF7. I also like the display, I love AMOLED panels, but the LCD in ZF6 is so good that I don't mind not having OLED. Also the LCD will never get burn-in issues, so that's good. Also the speakers are very good, I like the fact that you can EQ the sound output of the speakers. Many smartphones do have EQ, but it's limited to headphones only. It just simply seems like whoever designed the ZF6 actually used their brain to design it properly.
So to conclude my post: I want to thank everyone involved in developing this phone & all software developers for their work, I am one satisfied and happy customer. I love my ZF6 and I don't want any other phone. When I'm gonna be buying new phone in the future, it's definitely going to be ASUS again.
16 REPLIES 16

_jis_
Zen Master III
@aubry.pierre45
or shutdown/reboot process taking more time than expected, but I think they will be fixed eventually
Do I understand correctly that the reboot in Android 11 is even slower than it was in Android 10?
If that's the case, I noticed the same thing after updating from Android 9 to Android 10:
_jis_

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.

The reboot takes longer (27 seconds on A10 instead of 22 seconds on A9 for me) and after the restart the black screen is visibly longer than it was in A9. I see a black screen for 13 seconds on A10, while on A9, it was at least five seconds less. When I first rebooted in the A10 I was frightened if my phone was freezing, because I wasn't used to waiting so long in the A9.

Maybe there is a timeout in A10, some waiting for something, like a button push, but if at least it was explained somewhere. As soon as I know the reason for something, I'm fine and I'm willing to get used to it. If I don't know the reason, it just annoys me.

I wonder if this is a general problem in Android 10, or just an Asus ZF6 problem.

Reboot is slower in Android 10
Could you please measure how long the reboot in Android 11 takes?

lokesh_k0904
Rising Star I
pavelvarga24

Hello

I just want to bring a little positivity to this thread

I'll start with software. I am happy that I got Android 10 & then Android 11, I didn't have any bugs or issues, my Android 11 is solid, everything works, no bugs, the phone is the fastest it's ever been. I want to thank all the developers for the sw support, Android 11 works flawlessly for me.

And now I'm gonna talk about the phone itself.

Why I chose the Zenfone 6? It was easy. I wanted:

Flat display

3,5mm headphone jack

No display notch (or punchhole)

At least 8GB of RAM

Flagship processor for games & smooth, powerful experience (Snapdragon 855 is plenty powerful even to this day)

Micro SD card slot or at least 256 GB of internal storage (ZF6 has both)

Reasonable price. I didn't want to pay $1000 for a smartphone (ZF6 in 8/256 variant cost me $700, which is still a lot, but reasonable with prices these days)

Zenfone 6 was literally the only smartphone on the market that met my criteria. So I bought it, in the 8/256GB variant, and I am happy that I did.

And even to this day, there aren't too many phones on the market with this featureset. There are actually only few:

Sony Xperia 1 II (expensive AF), Xiaomi Poco F2 pro... And that's about it. There also was the Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Redmi K29 Pro), but it wasn't sold in 8/256 variant in my country. 6/128 wasn't quite enough for me, so I skipped it.

That's why I want to keep my Zenfone 6 for as long as possible. Every single other phone on the market misses at least 1 of my feature requirements (most often it's the 3,5mm jack, that includes the ZF 7 & 7 Pro). Also, 99% of the phones have notches & punchholes in the displays these days, I hate that.

Zenfone 6 also brings me a lot of little stuff that doesn't shine on the spec sheet, but it's very useful in daily life, for example: glove support, LED notification light (rarity these days), smart key. The smart key is unique feature, I use it every day, it's sad that Asus dropped it in ZF7. I also like the display, I love AMOLED panels, but the LCD in ZF6 is so good that I don't mind not having OLED. Also the LCD will never get burn-in issues, so that's good. Also the speakers are very good, I like the fact that you can EQ the sound output of the speakers. Many smartphones do have EQ, but it's limited to headphones only. It just simply seems like whoever designed the ZF6 actually used their brain to design it properly.

So to conclude my post: I want to thank everyone involved in developing this phone & all software developers for their work, I am one satisfied and happy customer. I love my ZF6 and I don't want any other phone. When I'm gonna be buying new phone in the future, it's definitely going to be ASUS again.

I am 100% satisfied with my Zenfone 6
Agree with your every point except that zenfone 7 don't have smart key, it's still there integrated with power button which is intended with fingerprint sensor so you can open apps by using smart key even when it's locked so that was good idea by asus I hope they will make this asus 6z android 11 bug free by providing further updates. I still feel that it's navigation gesture is still buggy so that have to be improved

aubry_pierre45
Star III

_jis_

@aubry.pierre45

or shutdown/reboot process taking more time than expected, but I think they will be fixed eventually

Do I understand correctly that the reboot in Android 11 is even slower than it was in Android 10?

If that's the case, I noticed the same thing after updating from Android 9 to Android 10:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14042/reboot-is-slower-in-android-10

Could you please measure how long the reboot in Android 11 takes?

View post
I prefer not doing this myself as I'm a blind user using Talkback and a sightted user might be able to measure it better. I don't have much memories from 9 as I got the device in 2020, but 10 felt normal or at least not too bad. I tap the option, Talkback says shutting down and the phone vibrates 2 or 3 seconds later and shuts down. In Android 11, there's like 10 seconds between double tapping the option and the phone vibrating. As a result the reboot process is also slower, but the normal boot process feels fine.

aubry_pierre45
Star III
Well sorry for the double post, but I figured I might as well do it anyway. I counted in my head so it might be approximative, but the reboot process took 45 seconds. The phone vibrated at the 30th, probably indicating the start of the boot process, and Talkback prompted me about entering my pin at the 45th second.
I'd still be interested if a sighted user could chime in and do the same.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'd also like to know, and I'm very sorry to the thread's author, that I turned this thread in a slightly different direction with my query, which was prompted by your mention of a slower reboot.