This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we there yet!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anyone out there have any idea when A11 is coming for ZenFone 7,s ??
And please don't say soon or I'll have to say,,Are We There Yet ,, until the cows come home.
PS , maybe we should simply scrap A11 as ,A 12 is almost here ? Should we just wait,a lot longer, and go straight to A12 ?? We are so used to waiting
I know I'm a sh#t stirrer but come on Asus A11 is Here for the downloading so what is the problem???

16 REPLIES 16

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Anders_ASUS

Soon 😉

And no, we won't jump to A12. Android is not some software we simply download from a Google server and merge with our apps and then call it a day. It takes many, many months to get everything working.

View post
Ok let's put A11 aside for now what about the monthly Google security updates. My wife has a Nokia 1.3 and it gets monthly updates. It is now the 17/2/21 and it just got the February update. I had a pixel for a while and I appreciate that it's a Google phone but it would get security updates on the 5th of the month.
When can we expect the February security update?
I paid$130 au for the Nokia and $1000 au for this zenfone 7. I am just puzzeled as to why we wait so long for basic security updates and also curious about your response to why?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152684#Comment_152684

Ok let's put A11 aside for now what about the monthly Google security updates. My wife has a Nokia 1.3 and it gets monthly updates. It is now the 17/2/21 and it just got the February update. I had a pixel for a while and I appreciate that it's a Google phone but it would get security updates on the 5th of the month.

When can we expect the February security update?

View post
I don't think there's any point pushing updates to android 10 now
It'll probably be android 11 stable now directly
And about Nokia don't those run pure aosp and it's changelog is just "updated security patch" every month I never really liked vanilla android, like on nokia it's very barebones lacks many features (including many simple things) for example even pixel os lacks something as simple as scrolling screenshot, gaming manager, launcher customisations etc

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Yes I agree with your taste in phones ( obviously) or I would have kept the pixel 5 or gone with a Nokia. I love the zenfone series, even more than the rog 3, but I just get a little impatient regarding the updates.
Ok android open sourced project, I don't believe that Nokia are totally aosp I believe that they use it when considering the OS but not totally

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

Yes I agree with your taste in phones ( obviously) or I would have kept the pixel 5 or gone with a Nokia. I love the zenfone series, even more than the rog 3, but I just get a little impatient regarding the updates.

Not sure what you mean by,,aosp,,? Though

View post
Vanilla aosp as in barebones android one experience like nokia has
Zen ui is stock+ as it is right now
Btw I too prefer Zenfone over Rog cos of faster updates and better cameras but rog is a beast in terms of raw specs and the customisation it offers
And as far as A11 being delayed for zf7 I think this was partly to blame for the late global launch of the phone (the phone launched when google released stable A11 for the pixels) then Asus had to register users for beta which took a month and so on
Explains why Zenfone 6 got android 11 before,their recruitment program started earlier

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Yes the rog 3 is a beast of a phone alright. I had one for a few weeks before I realised that I purchased a CH version that would never get Ota updates so I sold it straight away,lost a hundred dollars but that's life eh .
The pixel 5 wasn't a bad phone but it kept partially losing its Bluetooth connection to my 2019 Toyota HiAce,s Multi media uniit so I sent it back to the Google store who replaced it with a brand new phone, again I lost about a hundred dollars as I sold it. I didn't want to take the chance on another pixel so I came back to the zenfone series and to tell the truth,it was worth losing $200 to experience other$1000 phones.
Now that I have come back to Asus phones I don't know why I ever got rid of my old zenfone 5Z . They are about the only phones that supports both android auto and Miracast. I love the mirrcast feature as I am a delivery driver and often get an hour or so in between jobs just sitting in my van so it's pretty cool to be able to cast a movie to my vans screen.
I had a Samsung galaxy S 9 which did both but whenever I tried to mirrcast while using a VPN to stream US content in Australia it would cut out so here I am waiting for the zenfone 8 , I just hope that Asus doesn't drop the Miracast feature in the 8