This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connectivity error on corporate network with Android 11

jockesurf
Star I
After the update to Android 11 I can no longer connect to the WiFi at work. The Phone can see the networks and tries to connect but immediately disconnects. Keeps looping around until it finally gives up. My company is running late models of Cisco Access Points with WPA2-Enterprise (no certificate/ do not validate). Also tried a different SSID at work with WPA-Personal security. Same problem as with WPA2-Enterprise.
The Zenfone does not have any problems connecting to my home WiFi (Asus RT-AC2900).
Tried resetting the networks settings. Double checked the identity/password used (works on laptop and other phones/tablets). Tried disabling "Improve Location Accuracy" that seemed to have helped Samsung-users.
According to our network technicians here at work this is a know bug in Android 11. Some vendors have corrected this recently (Samsung etc). Other users with Oneplus and Google Pixel devices have similar problems after recent Android 11 updates.
========================================
Model Name: Zenfone 6 - ZS630KL
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2101.132
Rooted or not: Not rooted (OEM)
Frequency of Occurrence: constant/persistent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Built-in WiFi-settings in Android

2 REPLIES 2

jockesurf
Star I
The problem with wifi-disconnection / looping does seem to have with roaming capabilities in conjunction with Cisco access points using FT / Adapter FT. Anyone have more info on this?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
jockesurf

After the update to Android 11 I can no longer connect to the WiFi at work. The Phone can see the networks and tries to connect but immediately disconnects. Keeps looping around until it finally gives up. My company is running late models of Cisco Access Points with WPA2-Enterprise (no certificate/ do not validate). Also tried a different SSID at work with WPA-Personal security. Same problem as with WPA2-Enterprise.

The Zenfone does not have any problems connecting to my home WiFi (Asus RT-AC2900).

Tried resetting the networks settings. Double checked the identity/password used (works on laptop and other phones/tablets). Tried disabling "Improve Location Accuracy" that seemed to have helped Samsung-users.

According to our network technicians here at work this is a know bug in Android 11. Some vendors have corrected this recently (Samsung etc). Other users with Oneplus and Google Pixel devices have similar problems after recent Android 11 updates.

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6 - ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0610.2101.132
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted (OEM)
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: constant/persistent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Built-in WiFi-settings in Android

WiFi connectivity error on corporate network with Android 11
I've sent you a PM