System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS Zenbook Pro UX580GD
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I reinstalled Windows 10 today. Now I can't get the ScreenPad to work, apparently because the Installer only works with the factory OS.
It's the same problem as described in https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/97557
Please provide me the factory OS so I can get it to work again. I don't intend to send it in, just to get Windows reinstalled and not being able to wipe it if I want to, without going through the hassle again.
3 REPLIES 3

Hey!
I had this issue too. I used to reset my device frequently. I don't remember how i got it fixed, but maybe try resetting the device till the screenpad upgrade tool is able to install the new version. I'll update here when I remember how i fixed it exactly.

Edit: I get why you don't want to send device to center. Asus software is almost non scalable and non maintainable. But there are few workarounds in the internet.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello kaufmsas,
I'm sorry about this. Factory OS is only in the service center
Please kindly send the device back to service center.

Hello a.b.
Just resetting the device is okay, you are still using the factory OS, but if you clear everything and install Windows ISO file from USB drive, then it's not factory OS anymore.

Thank you.

ostapenko_iya
Star I
I found a solution to this problem on my Zenbook 15 UX534FTC

1. First install Windows without a Microsoft account.
2. Install Windows updates from Microsoft Update.
3. Then install ASUS ScreenXpert Interface Driver.
4. Then install and run ScreenXpert (Windows Store App).
5. Then download ScreenPad Plus Optimizer, unzip and run.
6. Reboot the system.