This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog phone

Hi everyone, I have a question.

Im currently living in colombia and plan on buying the rog phone 2 SZ660KL. Thing is in my country we have to register the phone with the local authorities if we want to use it, so in order to buy it i want to know if anyone could help me out by anwering a few questions.
is the Asus_I001DC the same as the rog phone 2 SZ660KL
could anyone please give me the phones IMEI (the one I stated above)
if anyone could also please give me the first 5 numbers of the phones TAC
Thanks you very much for the time.
3 REPLIES 3

Volodesi
Rising Star II
These are not things to be given out on a public forum.

IMEI numbers are like a phones fingerprint. You only ask for this from someone you're buying a phone from.

You are right, but i do need to make sure that the phone i want to buy can be registered in the local communications network, if someone could at least tell me if the Asus_I001DC is the same as the rog phone 2 SZ660KL, I would greatly appreciate the help

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@acastrillonc97 Asus_I001DC is indeed a model name for Rog Phone II 512 GB. However, make sure that you don't buy a device intended for the Chinese market that has been rooted/flashed with global ROM by the reseller. Check this thread for more information:
CH_ASUS

Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:

If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"