This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 / Future Software Support

S4t
Star III
What's ASUS' plans regarding the software updates for the Zenfone 6?
Will it receive Android 12 or only security updates from now on?
Some brands have public schedules (eg: our phones receive X major Android updates and X years of total support), but I can't find anything for ASUS devices.
8 REPLIES 8

hleocosta
Rising Star I
The new hardware new SO plan will never change even in Google's treble project the manufacturers will not accept it, that is, it is not exclusive to Asus. But keeping the security patches is already a good. As for changing the cell phone I did not get the ZenFone 7 because Asus did not launch the 7 Pro in Brazil

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
There's no current decision regarding A12 for ZF6 but you may ask again in 6 months

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
LOL nice to hear some hope but I can't imagine they would establish such a precedent for future phones. I'll happily be flamed in the future if I'm wrong but seems like false hope.

aubry_pierre45
Star III
Well of course it isn't unheard of companies going further than their initial promises (OnePlus with 3/3T, Google with first gen Pixel, and Samsung with S10/Note 10/S20), so I still hope Asus will do the same with the Zenfone 6, or at the very least with the Zenfone 7 series. In my opinion they really should. They really can't ignore the fact that Samsung did it even though a probably small percentage of their user base cared. On the other hand, I'd bet most Asus phone users are enthusiasts more likely to care. And as Zenfone 7 launched with Android 10 when 11 was around the corner, the current policy would mean essentially 1 year of major updates, which would be straight up incompetitive at this price, at this time, with this user base.