abdullah8shk
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
If WiFi calling is enabled on Jio network after sometime the VOLTE sign on the top in sim signal strength area disappears and the number becomes unreachable if anyone tries to connect using a call.
This happens untill and unless we are connected with the Wifi. And when it is removed from the Wifi everything functions normally.

I have tried clear cache and Hard reset on my device and the latest update is already installed on my device but the bug still persists.
3 REPLIES 3

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
There is already a thread existing for this:
ayushagrwal

My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!

Vowifi on jio not working on 5Z after latest update
Please describe your issue there. Avoid creating duplicate threads. Thanks!

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, kindly follow the below steps:
Kindly go into calling screen > Tap on 3 dots > Tap on Call > Wi-Fi calling.
You'll find two preferences there 1. Call over Wi-Fi 2. Call over mobile network.
Check which one is selected, try changing it to the other one and see what happens.
Test both the scenarios and report back the findings, so that we can understand the issue better.

abdullah8shk
Star II
Checked both these two.
In both the cases the after enabling the VoWifi. The number becomes unreachable after a short span of time because the Wifi calling signal goes and the VOLTE signals doesn't comes back in its place, inspite of having full signal on WiFi.