Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FX505DT
Frequency of occurrence: Intermittently
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought this laptop a week ago and haven't pull over info from my previous laptop, so there is basically nothing on it. I've installed Blizzard and Adobe and that's been it. Randomly the fans will ramp up to 100% and the mouse freezes. The fans then ramp up and down but the screen and mouse are frozen. Windows key does nothing and the only way to shut it down is a hard power button restart. The laptop reboots and powers on from a restart. I've emailed but no answer yet.
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sredmond417
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FX505DT
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Intermittently
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I bought this laptop a week ago and haven't pull over info from my previous laptop, so there is basically nothing on it. I've installed Blizzard and Adobe and that's been it. Randomly the fans will ramp up to 100% and the mouse freezes. The fans then ramp up and down but the screen and mouse are frozen. Windows key does nothing and the only way to shut it down is a hard power button restart. The laptop reboots and powers on from a restart. I've emailed but no answer yet.

Tuf Gaming FX505DT
That means while loading Windows OS, many applications are loading background and running continuously without your knowledge and without your permission.
also many unwanted application services are started automatically and running background.
so these conditions leads to non working of windows OS.

so disable background applications.
set unwanted services startup type to disable or manual .
delete possible tasks registered under task scheduler.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello sredmond417,
May you help to check if your BIOS and Windows Update are updated and completed?
Thank you.