This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 internet unstable

benbang777
Star I
Both mobile data and wifi keep dropping off. Check with asus ... My phone is china global . Currently im in singapore using singtel network... Pls help
3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@benbang777 I assume they meant that you have a Tencent-branded device that's been flashed with global firmware. If this is the case, please contact your reseller as this is not a combination we're selling. You won't receive FOTA updates and we can't guarantee that your device will function properly.

benbang777
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@benbang777 I assume they meant that you have a Tencent-branded device that's been flashed with global firmware. If this is the case, please contact your reseller as this is not a combination we're selling. You won't receive FOTA updates and we can't guarantee that your device will function properly.

View post
I don't understand.. although it's a tencent global but still it's Asus brand right? What's the difference?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@benbang777 It's a device intended for the Chinese market that has been rooted/flashed with global firmware by a dubious reseller. Some will make this clear to the customer while others wont.
Again, ASUS does not sell Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3's with "Global ROM" or "International ROM" and we can't guarantee that your device will function properly. Your best bet here is to contact your reseller.
While it's possible to manually update the firmware of your phone (to mitigate the fact that you won't get FOTA updates automatically), troubleshooting other issues becomes much harder since we can't tell what's been done to your device before you got it.