This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vowifi on jio not working on 5Z after latest update

ayushagrwal
Star I
My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!
15 REPLIES 15

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152238#Comment_152238

I didn't find any issues that you have explained regarding vowifi. Vowifi works perfectly on my 5z 🙂

View post
I have used the same JIO sim card in a Samsung A50, Oppo F11 Pro and Asus 5z. Here is where the issue is:
In both Oppo and Samsung, the phone constantly latches to the VoWifi connection and seamlessly switches to VoLTE when Wifi is unavailable.
In case of 5z, even with a brilliant wifi signal and low latency high speed, the VoWifi indicator comes and goes. Sometimes the phone just keeps using VoLte in spite of the Wifi being available and a restart solves this.
In rare instances, the VoWifi signal goes away but VoLTE doesn't come back in its place. In this case incoming and outgoing calls stop connecting on Jio. Toggling Airplane mode or restarting solves this as well.
Hence I have observed that the VoWifi connection is not fullproof in 5z and is patchy compared to other midrange phones of its time.
Thanks!

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Here's another thread talking about the same:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44630/wifi-calling-vowifi-bug

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152240#Comment_152240

I have used the same JIO sim card in a Samsung A50, Oppo F11 Pro and Asus 5z. Here is where the issue is:

• In both Oppo and Samsung, the phone constantly latches to the VoWifi connection and seamlessly switches to VoLTE when Wifi is unavailable.
  • In case of 5z, even with a brilliant wifi signal and low latency high speed, the VoWifi indicator comes and goes. Sometimes the phone just keeps using VoLte in spite of the Wifi being available and a restart solves this.
  • In rare instances, the VoWifi signal goes away but VoLTE doesn't come back in its place. In this case incoming and outgoing calls stop connecting on Jio. Toggling Airplane mode or restarting solves this as well.
  • Hence I have observed that the VoWifi connection is not fullproof in 5z and is patchy compared to other midrange phones of its time.

Thanks!

View post
@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Titan_ASUS take a look into it vowifi is inconsistent sometimes. I faced issue mentioned in 2nd point
Thanks!

abdullah8shk
Star II
In my case it's quite common that after some time of using the VoWifi the it's signal goes and the VOLTE signals also come back in its place.
Thus making my number unreachable to others.

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
abdullah8shk

In my case it's quite common that after some time of using the VoWifi the it's signal goes and the VOLTE signals also come back in its place.

Thus making my number unreachable to others.

View post
I Never Face This Type Of Issue .. Its Completely New 🤔