Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally deleted monitor.sys files from the system32 folder

latifah_latif
Star I
System: windows 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: battery
Model: a416ja
well I don't know why I did this but, I deleted monitor.sys from the system32 folder and I replaced it with my brother lenovo monitor.sys files, thought it is just the same things. And guess what, my generic pnp monitor driver got error. suddenly my brightness can't be adjusted. The option for brightness just gone and missing. I can't find it anywhere. My keyboard shortcut for adjusting brightness also not functioning. And I'm going crazy cuz I don't know what else to do and the fact that it is my stupid doing is just so stressful.
I don't have any backup
I tried everthing, update, uninstall, enable, disable the driver. troubleshoot. cannot fixed.
Thought of rebooting my laptop, but I'm scared it'll not work.
wonder if upgrading my windows 10 will reset all the drivers or not. I dunno anymore..

9 REPLIES 9

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
latifah.latif
  1. System: windows 10 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: battery
  3. Model: a416ja

well I don't know why I did this but, I deleted monitor.sys from the system32 folder and I replaced it with my brother lenovo monitor.sys files, thought it is just the same things. And guess what, my generic pnp monitor driver got error. suddenly my brightness can't be adjusted. The option for brightness just gone and missing. I can't find it anywhere. My keyboard shortcut for adjusting brightness also not functioning. And I'm going crazy cuz I don't know what else to do and the fact that it is my stupid doing is just so stressful.

I don't have any backup

I tried everthing, update, uninstall, enable, disable the driver. troubleshoot. cannot fixed.

Thought of rebooting my laptop, but I'm scared it'll not work.

wonder if upgrading my windows 10 will reset all the drivers or not. I dunno anymore..

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/LSB81VNMOS99/cbs.log

I accidentally deleted monitor.sys files from the system32 folder
I don't have your model laptop but knew basic comman knowledge.
If that particular file is deleted accedently means, you can do system restore to previous working point..you can do by go to recovery environment.
for changing brightness of monitor, we need to install proper latest graphics driver from Intel or Amd website.

if above options does not work Means, you can use dism online Restore health command.

search command in google .
moreover Monitor.sys is system driver file which is included in install.wim file or windows 10 dvd.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello latifah,
Please enter your C drive, there is a eSupport file that contains all the initial drivers of this model.
If you still keep it, back up the file and reset the device.
Thank you.

latifah_latif
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello latifah,

Please enter your C drive, there is a eSupport file that contains all the initial drivers of this model.

If you still keep it, back up the file and reset the device.

Thank you.

View post
Hi, I already check the e support file, but there's no monitor.sys files.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
latifah.latif

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149299#Comment_149299

Hi, I already check the e support file, but there's no monitor.sys files.

View post
i am using windows 10 20h2 64bit build no 19042.804

i uploaded monitor.sys file in zip format , downlod and unzip it .
afferwards boot the windows os into safemode,
copy the file ""monitor.sys"" to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\

if system asked permission means , give permission , once copied means , restart windows .