cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Rog Phone 2's End of Life? Open letter to everyone. #PseudoFlagship

ImShrey
Rising Star II
[Rog 2, Global/Indian Unit, 8/128gb, Non rooted, 0.65 build]
So Still no updates on fundamental issues? (Airtel WIFI Calling, WhatsApp, duo, Skype Bluetooth device issue, random reboots)
No reverts from mods for months, a year and half now? Almost no mod is active in Rog 2 forums these days.

Is RoG 2 a dead rubber already to Asus? Even comments are being approved and won't be published as is, are freaking Kidding me?
Plus, what's sickening is, no android 11 for Rog 2, as Rog series will get ONLY ONE major android update! Yeah, it not a nightmare its reality, and its often disappointing.

#PseudoFlagship
See what I would call Rog 2 or whole Rog Phone series is, "Pseudo Flagship", where in because of spec sheet and price of the device you are made to believe that it is a flagship, but in reality, it's just a hard cash grab. See a flagship is more than a device, it's an experience, be it UI, software optimization, customer satisfaction and after sales support etc.
With Rog 2 however we got late updates, often new bugs, which took forever to get fixed, crappy service center experience (people got their devices damaged from service center), 0 quality control and accountability (Random reboots), and missing fundamental functionality (Wi-Fi calling on Major carriers like airtel).
Let's make better life decisions going forward and stay away from such brands who are running for cash grabs and "0" customer satisfaction.
You make an investment of your hard-earned money, you put a trust on the brand to handle your essential digital experience through their products and yet you get treated as "poor guy asking for favours" which you are never going to get anyways.
Wake up people wake up!

Yours sincerely,
Fellow #PseudoFlagship user!
21 REPLIES 21

ImShrey
Rising Star II
shreyashshah16

As per the testing I have done, whatsapp still freezes when we receive whatsapp call while using bluetooth headphones.

This contradictory to change log of 0.65 update, where its mentioned that issue is resolved. False.

Also just after that nor google duo Or skype are able to pick up voice from mic of Bluetooth headphone.

@Anders_ASUS I'll DM you the logs.

Here are unfixed items from last, now closed thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35217/bluetooth-causing-major-glitches-in-other-applications-...

After updating to latest 0.65 build, apparently none of them are fixed,

1) whatsapp call freezing while on bluetooth: NOT FIXED

2) sometimes, google assistant won't detect any audio from my. Bluetooth headset's mike, (headset is perfectly fine) : NOT YET FIXED, when I use headphone key to trigger assistant, assistant shows "Can't connect to google at moment" but I'm Connected to internet over wifi.

3) sometime when I get skype call, person at the other end won't be able to hear my audio unless i switch out of bluetooth mode to earpiece or speaker mode. (I'm able hear him, but not vice-versa)(checked on multiple headsets, same issue): NOT FIXED

4) sometimes when I connect to bluetooth, there is no audio, video keeps playing, no matter what is volume level, bluetooth device won't output any audio, trying connect-disconnect won't work even. i had to restart the phone to get it work again: NOT FIXED, happens randomly, seen it happening 2 times already on lastest build.

Its been now 2 months since Last I reported these issues, even in current update none of them are fixed, and Original thread was marked "closed", it's not acceptable.

Whatsapp call app crash and other Bluetooth issues are not fixed yet
ARP_ASUS

Hi shreyashshah16,

Few things:

1. Airtel VoWifi is still under testing, I understand the delay here but rest assured it should arrive anytime.
  2. Android update is under evaluation, Security updates are provided as and when ready and is not long lost.
  3. Random reboots if you see you need to visit service center for it as its a known issue
  4. For Video calling App Bluetooth issue frankly on my device and on many ROG Phone 2 users which I tested on, haven't found this issue. Service center visit will help your most issue at once.

View post
1. What you mean by "any time" if it doesn't drop in this update then we have to wait till april? For Next bi-monthly update?
2. If bi monthly is committed then December's update was late a month, and further should have already dropped. So there is delay there. We get updates but off the schedule.
4. Seriously mate? What should I say to that? Its open issue, https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/42296/whatsapp-call-app-crash-and-other-bluetooth-issues-are-...

Check this thread more than 8-10people already reported this, and submitted logs to different mods, @Anders_ASUS even had open case, for which we received alleged fix in December's 0.65 update, but is still happening. Make a whatsapp call when Connected bluetooth headset. 3-4/10 times device become ir-responsive.
Check the thread I mentioned for details. Even @Melqui can confirm this issue.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@shreyashshah16 In regards to your bluetooth issues, the devs are looking at it and I understand you've already been in contact with Anders_ASUS via PM about this. 🙂

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@shreyashshah16 In regards to your bluetooth issues, the devs are looking at it and I understand you've already been in contact with Anders_ASUS via PM about this. 🙂

View post
I'm still wondering regarding 1st point, voWifi on Airtel, its such a trivial functionality, I don't understand why its dealyed this much?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@shreyashshah16 Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi can be an involved process and it varies for different carriers and models. I can't say more about this specific case.

nationkid
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi shreyashshah16,

Few things:

1. Airtel VoWifi is still under testing, I understand the delay here but rest assured it should arrive anytime.
  2. Android update is under evaluation, Security updates are provided as and when ready and is not long lost.
  3. Random reboots if you see you need to visit service center for it as its a known issue
  4. For Video calling App Bluetooth issue frankly on my device and on many ROG Phone 2 users which I tested on, haven't found this issue. Service center visit will help your most issue at once.

View post
Android update is under evaluation

Do you mean the future of ROG updates are now being considered from the company to be stopped?

Just concerned that's all. Spent alot of money on this device and I don't want to be left in the dust.