Ogghy
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .131
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Is it possible to rise the gpu clock a lil bit for performance improvement. Some red magic phones can do for like 940mhz with adreno 650 with custom kernel.

It'll be awesome if it can be implemented, who doesn't love a free performance upgrades ? ~
13 REPLIES 13

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

Looked it up and wow its indeed a thing.

Ill make a custom kernel and test it myself to test the perfirmance gains and thermals.

View post
It's indeed a thing since red magic 5 got released and people desperately need a better performance hahaha. I just know that adreno 650 clockspeed can reach 940mhz. It's crazy.

Yeah but sadly it required root and custom kernel to be able to do that 😂. Waiting for your result, dude! Thanks for finding it out.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152010#Comment_152010

It's indeed a thing since red magic 5 got released and people desperately need a better performance hahaha. I just know that adreno 650 clockspeed can reach 940mhz. It's crazy.

Yeah but sadly it required root and custom kernel to be able to do that 😂. Waiting for your result, dude! Thanks for finding it out.

View post
I dont think itll be a problem to do it but what im concerned about is the thermals. Ill be doing testing hopefully this weekend

jongayrat37
Star III
Hi, I did this, increased the graphics processor from 587 to 670mhz only on strix (sd865) and here is the result, which was normal in antutu up to 600k on strix, while there is no heating, and noticed that in games the FPS began to rise by 10 15 frames more than usual.
screenshot-20210216-220653180.jpg
screenshot-20210216-220656962.jpg

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jongayrat37

Hi, I did this, increased the graphics processor from 587 to 670mhz only on strix (sd865) and here is the result, which was normal in antutu up to 600k on strix, while there is no heating, and noticed that in games the FPS began to rise by 10 15 frames more than usual.

screenshot-20210216-220653180.jpg

screenshot-20210216-220656962.jpg

View post
670mhz is the normal boost. You basicially didn't do anything.

Danishblunt

So im doing some performance tweaks and would like to know from you genshin impact veterans where the most demanding places are, screenshots with fps would be super nice so i have something to compare too 🙂

Currenntly impressive antutu score of:

screenshot-20210102-000031013.jpg

Performance tweaks

Here my score at 670mhz

jongayrat37
Star III
great, what version of strix or classic do you have?is it possible to overclock the processor on strix mod or core? anything!