This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 / Future Software Support

S4t
Star III
What's ASUS' plans regarding the software updates for the Zenfone 6?
Will it receive Android 12 or only security updates from now on?
Some brands have public schedules (eg: our phones receive X major Android updates and X years of total support), but I can't find anything for ASUS devices.
8 REPLIES 8

Bhasky
Rising Star II
There is a condition * which specifies "only if the actual rollout timeline matches with plans of ASUS"
They are struggling to give stable update since 10 and if we look at the marketing strategies I don't think we gonna get further support.
It's better if they first give one stable update . Be it 9 10 or 11

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Right now for Zenfone flagships Asus has a 2 android os upgrade policy and around 3yrs of security patches and bug fixes can confirm the latter myself (using an Zenfone 5z right now) my 5z is around 2.6yrs+ old now and is still getting OTAs every 2 months
Regarding android 12 for the Zenfone 6 I think it's rather unlikely as Asus doesn't have a 3 os upgrade policy yet not even for their 2020 phones so unless they commit to 3 os policy nothing can be said about this
Plus even if 2021's Asus phones have 3 os policy then if it'll extend to the Zenfone 6 is a different matter altogether
Android 11 may very well be zf6's last major os version but you guys still can ask for Zen ui 8 whenever that comes I guess

S4t
Star III
Any official position @Anders_ASUS ?

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Averan

Right now for Zenfone flagships Asus has a 2 android os upgrade policy and around 3yrs of security patches and bug fixes can confirm the latter myself (using an Zenfone 5z right now) my 5z is around 2.6yrs+ old now and is still getting OTAs every 2 months

Regarding android 12 for the Zenfone 6 I think it's rather unlikely as Asus doesn't have a 3 os upgrade policy yet not even for their 2020 phones so unless they commit to 3 os policy nothing can be said about this

Plus even if 2021's Asus phones have 3 os policy then if it'll extend to the Zenfone 6 is a different matter altogether

Android 11 may very well be zf6's last major os version but you guys still can ask for Zen ui 8 whenever that comes I guess

View post
Nice to hear about the security updates for the 5. That's more than I would have expected. I would happily stay on A11 on the 6 for an extra year if it's getting security updates.