Widevine CDM security level changed to L3 after A11 update

finnandjake1010
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2101.127
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: when trying to play videos on amazon prime video
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): amazon prime video, DRM info
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was trying to play some videos I had downloaded when I was on android 10, but then when I updated to android 11 the videos were unplayable because of the DRM security level, I deleted and downloaded again the videos but the quality can't get very high, I used DRM info to check the security level and turns out it is L3, yes I have tried rebooting the phone but still shows me L3
13 REPLIES 13

GFX
Rising Star I
xmajklx

Just clear cache and reinstall Netflix app...and its L1 again 👍🏼

View post
Clear what cache? Can you explain more?

xmajklx
Star II
GFX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152204#Comment_152204

Clear what cache? Can you explain more?

View post
I had a problem with Netflix only. I just went to "settings" of your phone. Found "apps and notifications". I picked "app info" a found Netflix. Then "storage and memory" I choosed " clear data" also " clear cache". At this moment I reinstalled NF app from Google play. Signed in again...and its Widevine L1. It worked for me yesterday.

Sreekiran
Star III
xmajklx

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152208#Comment_152208

I had a problem with Netflix only. I just went to "settings" of your phone. Found "apps and notifications". I picked "app info" a found Netflix. Then "storage and memory" I choosed " clear data" also " clear cache". At this moment I reinstalled NF app from Google play. Signed in again...and its Widevine L1. It worked for me yesterday.

View post
Can confirm this works.

GFX
Rising Star I
Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work for me. I'm still on L3.
@Anders_ASUS

guifisilva
Star III
Also have this issue.
Edit: Restarted my ZenFone, checked DRM Info. Back to L1! Netflix was still stuck on L3 though.
xmajklx's instructions worked for me afterwards.
I never restarted my phone after updating to .127 (Android 11).
In short: uninstall Netflix, restart, install Netflix (or whatever app you use).