This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera cannot flip GENERAL ISSUE

sousaepedro
Star II
Gentlemen, it's been clearly noticed by several users that there's an issue with your phones main feature. The flip camera.
There are several users that have been faced with a camera that won't flip. No matter what model, firmware version, app, it won't flip. The only feedback it gives is the image on whatever software is trying to flip the camera flips, and we get an android system notification with the message 'cannot flip' (example below). This has happened to me since the first time I tried flipping the camera. Only then it happened intermittently. Now I've been 5 days with a camera that won't flip. Even got a firmware update during those 5 days. To no avail. 
There are several threads on this issue and only one has any sort of apparent looking into it via a log file. 
Nothing tangible from you. 
I really want to defend your phone and it you're not making it easy which is disappointing for a 21 year long recurring customer.
I'm available for anything you might need from me as far as debugging goes. If you want me to run this with ADB and some tool I will. I just want to help you guys fix your ( my) phone.
Zero feedback is downright disrespectful towards us. 
So start by properly letting us what the issue is, because at this point either your devs did ZERO looking into it or you already know but haven't found a solution. Which I'm fine with for now. But just man up, be accountable and give us the chance to respect you for that.
tlhwknfc98x2.jpguw4bnv9uoh2o.jpg
33 REPLIES 33

sousaepedro
Star II
Gotcha, so I cleaned it up and it persists. Sensor was detecting good to begin with.
I tested with a call and it toggles the screen off when I move my hand over it, and if I put my hand there beforehand and dial it immediately toggled the screen off.
Sensor wise we're good. 
The 2 phone cases I've had so far are open on the top so there's no chance  to cover that area.
Any other suggestions, I'm at your disposal 

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
I'll check with our devs if there are any ways we can test first - without you needing to go to our service center.
So from this thread, I am under the understanding that;
1. You do not have any covers on, or screen protectors with dust etc.
2. Proximity sensor works for example during calls (covering it turns screen off).
3. Camera never flips , when using Asus Camera app - or any other Camera App (such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc).

Many thanks

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
The point 3 isnt correct in my case. As I mentioned in the post above

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Okay, I'm trying to find your problem description but so far here are the problem descriptions I can find;
"This has happened to me since the first time I tried flipping the camera. Only then it happened intermittently. Now I've been 5 days with a camera that won't flip. Even got a firmware update during those 5 days. To no avail. "

"It's worked with and without the current cover I have and I removed several times in the past few days to no avail. "

"Which is my case. Any isolated tap does not work. "

I cant really deduce from this ,if your flipping mechanism never works, or works occasionally, or works most of the time but sometimes doesnt? Can you please help clarify?

sousaepedro
Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Okay, I'm trying to find your problem description but so far here are the problem descriptions I can find;
"This has happened to me since the first time I tried flipping the camera. Only then it happened intermittently. Now I've been 5 days with a camera that won't flip. Even got a firmware update during those 5 days. To no avail. "

"It's worked with and without the current cover I have and I removed several times in the past few days to no avail. "

"Which is my case. Any isolated tap does not work. "

I cant really deduce from this ,if your flipping mechanism never works, or works occasionally, or works most of the time but sometimes doesnt? Can you please help clarify?
The  person you're replying to right now is not the original poster of this thread. That would be me.
He came in here and described his specific behavior.
For me it would on occasion completely stop working for a few hours until eventually it completely stopped working.