This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need more options in dual apps

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
On my previous phone, I was able to clone every application from Google Play. Why on Asus we have only several apps compatible with this function? Please give us ability to clone all applications. 
6 REPLIES 6

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Not every app works well with clone function - can lead to a lot of unforseen issues as well. We will bring back your feedback but at this moment it is not our intention to enable TwinApp for every single app on Play Store.

Kolorowezworki
Rising Star II
In MIUI it was possible to clone every app. I don't tried to clone all apps I had, but these I wanted, was working. 

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
In MIUI it was possible to clone every app. I don't tried to clone all apps I had, but these I wanted, was working. 
We can't really comment on the implementations of other manufacturers.

Kyle7
Star II
CH_ASUS said:
We can't really comment on the implementations of other manufacturers.
Hi CH_ASUS
While using  parallel space I found out that I didn't face any issue on the apps I cloned which the half baked cloning feature of ZenUI didn't allow me to.
We don't want to clone all apps, but most apps.
And why can't you provide us with a multi user, guest user feature like in Sony, Xiaomi,etc devices. It'll be very very helpful you see.

And most importantly the cloning feature you have provided in ZENFONE 5Z is useless with WhatsApp cause you are unable to access your contacts... How the heck are we supposed to use WhatsApp if we are unable to access contacts? How are to supposed to message someone ?
To that Your developer team replied that to avoid confusion they did so...
Please tell what are they smoking cause I need that too seriously.

And about confusion you could add a small symbol on the app icon to let us know that it's the cloned version, which has already been done but implemented badly cause the symbol itself is confused like your developer team which app it should be on and which  it shouldn't be and at times displays on both the original and cloned app.
I just don't know what else to say about the excuses your developer team are giving.