Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) 18.0610.2101.127 4G Telephony Service crashes

ZT-84c8431f
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL)
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2101.127
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Telephony Service 11.0.0.200924_1
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the update to 18.0610.2101.127, Telephony Service crashes using a 4G network for both SIM1 and SIM2 and the phone cycles between SIM/No SIM every 2 seconds. You have to force the device into 3G as preferred network in order to use the phone. SIMs are not faulty as they work in other devices. I tried factory reset and this did not resolve the issue.
Please help.
20 REPLIES 20

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi @Kris_ASUS

Just wondering if you might be able to confirm the above for me before proceeding to manually download the latest firmware to my device?

ZT-84c8431f
Star II
It works for me. Thanks guys.

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi @Anders_ASUS
@Kris

Any chance you might be able to confirm if manually downloading the latest firmware to my phone (which was purchased in India, so would assume is an "IN SKU"), will cause any issues to the phone? It's what the release notes said, so just wanted to confirm prior to going ahead with the above suggested fix..

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi @Kris_ASUS
@Anders_ASUS
Would anybody mind confirming the above for me please?

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
steve.goveas

Hi @Kris_ASUS

@Anders_ASUS

Would anybody mind confirming the above for me please?

View post
Hi @steve.goveas
That's ok.