This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI isn't responding (even after Factory Reset)

paolotrrj26
Star I
Basic Info:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: often
I've just purchased ROG Phone 3 last February 5, 2021.
Whenever I try to literally do something (like opening apps, transitioning to another app), phone seems to freeze for a while then it notifies that System UI isn't responding.
I tried several methods to fix the issue, this includes the following:
1. Clear cache of System UI
2. Uninstall Google Updates
3. Restarted the phone
4. Removed Google widget in home screen
5. Factory Reset (I did this before writing here)
All these methods to no avail. I'm still getting the brief screen freeze and System UI isn't responding alert.
Is there any more method? I'm definitely concerned if this is already a hardware problem since Factory Reset didn't do anything.
Attached here is my Firmware version
Attached here is when I was just simply trying to change wifi connection, it froze for a while (this was after factory reset)

9 REPLIES 9

ADH
Rising Star II
paolotrrj26

Basic Info:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 3
  2. Rooted or not: not rooted
  3. Frequency of Occurrence: often

I've just purchased ROG Phone 3 last February 5, 2021.

Whenever I try to literally do something (like opening apps, transitioning to another app), phone seems to freeze for a while then it notifies that System UI isn't responding.

I tried several methods to fix the issue, this includes the following:

1. Clear cache of System UI

2. Uninstall Google Updates

3. Restarted the phone

4. Removed Google widget in home screen

5. Factory Reset (I did this before writing here)

All these methods to no avail. I'm still getting the brief screen freeze and System UI isn't responding alert.

Is there any more method? I'm definitely concerned if this is already a hardware problem since Factory Reset didn't do anything.

Attached here is my Firmware version

screenshot-20210210-051617897.jpg

Attached here is when I was just simply trying to change wifi connection, it froze for a while (this was after factory reset)

screenshot-20210210-051041931.jpg

System UI isn't responding (even after Factory Reset)
Hello
Please confirm your Build number .
Can be found in - settings-System-about phone- software information .
Also you may need to log your device .

gugul
Rising Star II
ADH

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44618/system-ui-isnt-responding-even-after-factory-reset

Hello

Please confirm your Build number .

Can be found in - settings-System-about phone- software information .

Also you may need to log your device .

View post
Wait, you're not a mod. And any mod will ask him to log his device in dm only. Not in public discussion.

ADH
Rising Star II
gugul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152070#Comment_152070

Wait, you're not a mod. And any mod will ask him to log his device in dm only. Not in public discussion.

View post
Hi ,
I no where mentioned send logs in dm or in public discussion . I mentioned "may" not "have" to log . So chill .
Let the discussion be on topic it is for .
😊

gugul
Rising Star II
ADH

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152113#Comment_152113

Hi ,

I no where mentioned send logs in dm or in public discussion . I mentioned "may" not "have" to log . So chill .

Let the discussion be on topic it is for .

😊

View post
Oops, sorry. My bad, I could not focus on "may". I just extrapolated the overall thing and replied to that. Hope you don't mind. 😅

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
paolotrrj26

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152059#Comment_152059

This is a Tencent variant (it says at the back of the phone and on the box), I tried updating the firmware but it only says "Your system is up to date". Also, when checking the details, it says "no content".

Did I get scammed? 😑

View post
Please contact your reseller, as this is not a combination we're selling. What's probably happened is that you've been sold a device intended for the Chinese market, that has been flashed with global firmware. You will not be able to receive FOTA updates and we can't guarantee that the device will function properly.