This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Asus 6z's camera isn't flipping instead a message is shown"camera cannot flip". Pls help

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

37 REPLIES 37

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Several cases concerning this have been resolved due to the root cause being that a cover used was covering the proximity sensor located in the front. Even a slight cover of that sensor may cause this - as it is intentional design that when the proximity is being covered the camera should stop its rotation.

Please first help check that  your cover/case used is not covering the sensor (it is located on the top right part of the phone, between the edge and the earpiece mesh).

Looping
Star II
Hum my case is a bit more complicated than the shell
First step i ordered a tpu transparent cover and a protection screen.
The protection screen received is a bit too big. Result screen cover and shell are fighting each others at the top right left (a bit at the bottom left ) i ordered a new screen cover but i don t want to remove the current one before to have the new one.
Result some dust are present now on the top. And it disturbs the sensor everytime. 
I suggest that the message should be improved. Because camera cannot flip informs but doesn t help
An other message or more details in it could be helpful. because i was really thinking that my camera was in bad condition because of that.
So this phone is great ?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Looping said:
Hum my case is a bit more complicated than the shell
First step i ordered a tpu transparent cover and a protection screen.
The protection screen received is a bit too big. Result screen cover and shell are fighting each others at the top right left (a bit at the bottom left ) i ordered a new screen cover but i don t want to remove the current one before to have the new one.
Result some dust are present now on the top. And it disturbs the sensor everytime. 
I suggest that the message should be improved. Because camera cannot flip informs but doesn t help
An other message or more details in it could be helpful. because i was really thinking that my camera was in bad condition because of that.
So this phone is great ?

Thank you for the detailed description! Yes, I think it can be a good idea to add a little more text into "camera cant flip" tooltip that pops up , at least something around 'check your proximity sensor is not blocked' or something. We'll pass back to our devs.

nirajsinlife
Star II
My camera flips but it shows up side down image and camera not flip on screen but it works well in snapchat and Insta it's your software problem repair it. It only shows upside down image on asus camera app

sakshgr8
Star II
I also had this problem. Camera flip wasn't working 100% of the times. Interestingly, removing my tampered glass fixed it immediately.

So if you have a worn out tampered glass, that's the culprit.