This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst issue with no fix from Asus

Kyle7
Star II
Let me tell you I don't want to write this all over again and again...
I've posted this multiple times on your previous Zentalk forum and you could see that a lot of people are frustrated and don't like this issue.

The Incoming call interface in Zenfone 5z doesn't allow you to do anything while the call is ringing in full screen and it almost always enters full screen. The notification panel doesn't work the navigation gestures or bars don't work. What is wrong?
Can't you really fix that. I've been asking it for almost a year now!!
Don't you know sometimes we don't want to pick up calls cause we are busy doing something and blocking the number isn't an option (Also cause that has issues of it's own cause ZenUI is amazing. Later on that )
We don't want to wait for 45 seconds to continue working. Why can't we exit the call screen without hanging up??

And the funniest part is I got response that it's a design. Who decided that huh?
A design should be ergonomic not something which fries your brain out.
And the next response was that other manufacturers have it too...
Wow how funny like if we only use Asus devices. This isn't North Korea okay..
Tell me which manufacturer has it?? Does Oneplus have that? Does Samsung do that? Does Vivo have it? Or Does Huawei??
It must be some amateur local Taiwanese manufacturer whose developers are always high on something.

Please get it fixed soon
3 REPLIES 3

ColorSage
Zen Master I
It was mentioned mutiple times alreeeady. It's Google design, not ASUS's. And yes, those manufacturers who strictly keep android clean will have screen call interface locked. It could be because of APIs. There are both advantages and disadvantages of having pure Android. Blame Google for that problem. What can't you understand?

Kyle7
Star II
ColorSage said:
It was mentioned mutiple times alreeeady. It's Google design, not ASUS's. And yes, those manufacturers who strictly keep android clean will have screen call interface locked. It could be because of APIs. There are both advantages and disadvantages of having pure Android. Blame Google for that problem. What can't you understand?
Oh c'mon you mean to say that ZenUI 5 is stock Android??
And I have phones with stock Android and the problem doesn't occur with those phones and you could always go back..
Even Google own Pixel 3 doesn't have this issue.

And please provide a link of where it was mentioned.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Kyle7 said:
Let me tell you I don't want to write this all over again and again...
I've posted this multiple times on your previous Zentalk forum and you could see that a lot of people are frustrated and don't like this issue.

The Incoming call interface in Zenfone 5z doesn't allow you to do anything while the call is ringing in full screen and it almost always enters full screen. The notification panel doesn't work the navigation gestures or bars don't work. What is wrong?
Can't you really fix that. I've been asking it for almost a year now!!
Don't you know sometimes we don't want to pick up calls cause we are busy doing something and blocking the number isn't an option (Also cause that has issues of it's own cause ZenUI is amazing. Later on that )
We don't want to wait for 45 seconds to continue working. Why can't we exit the call screen without hanging up??

And the funniest part is I got response that it's a design. Who decided that huh?
A design should be ergonomic not something which fries your brain out.
And the next response was that other manufacturers have it too...
Wow how funny like if we only use Asus devices. This isn't North Korea okay..
Tell me which manufacturer has it?? Does Oneplus have that? Does Samsung do that? Does Vivo have it? Or Does Huawei??
It must be some amateur local Taiwanese manufacturer whose developers are always high on something.

Please get it fixed soon
The answer you were given is still correct - you may not like the answer but it doesnt mean it is a "wrong answer".
It is intentionally like this as in the past many users also have had problems getting back "into the call" if they accidentally dismissed the call and went to home screen.  

If you want to get back to what you were doing, you can always reject the call instead of waiting the 45seconds.
If you want to be able to do so , without rejecting the call , and just have the ringing continue in the background - well we do not provide this and as such unfortunately Asus phones would not be to your liking.

That being said, we will still , just like before, pass back your comments to our teams and go through the Call screen logic once more.