Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) 18.0610.2101.127 4G Telephony Service crashes

ZT-84c8431f
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL)
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2101.127
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Telephony Service 11.0.0.200924_1
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the update to 18.0610.2101.127, Telephony Service crashes using a 4G network for both SIM1 and SIM2 and the phone cycles between SIM/No SIM every 2 seconds. You have to force the device into 3G as preferred network in order to use the phone. SIMs are not faulty as they work in other devices. I tried factory reset and this did not resolve the issue.
Please help.
20 REPLIES 20

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi @Anders_ASUS
Encountering this issue in Australia as well. Confirmed that its not a SIM card or telco issue and that this issue only really popped up post installing the new Android 11 update. I've had to force the phone to utilise 3G services in order to use it (otherwise it only connects to Wi-Fi networks with no telephony service)
This seems to be an issue that other users are facing as well, and to be honest - a phone's primary purpose ought to be for making & receiving calls and messages - which kind of makes the phone a bit of a brick if one is unable to use telephony services.

Also, not entirely sure if there has been a fix for this issue that has been reported below, as I can confirm that I'm also experiencing this problem?
reiuniverso

1- When using apps like: WhatsApp and Google Duo,, in a video or phone call, I can't use the speakerphone. The other person talks and I listen very low. The installation of Android 11 is clean because I did reset on the device. What can I do to fix this error? Is it from the rom or is it from the applications?

Problem after Android 11 update on Zenfone 6
The "loudspeaker" option seems to have completely disappeared from other calling/messaging apps, as noted above. Didn't want to make another post about the same, as it has already been reported by another user.
I know that this phone isn't really sold in Australia, and have been informed on contacting the Asus contact centre out there that there isn't much or any support available for Asus' phone range out here - but is there any way that this issue could be looked into and resolved please? Any information in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi
@Titan_ASUS
@krimsongattler@k0030@Kris_ASUS
@Laura_ASUS

Is there any fix being looked at for this issue? Not sure if this has been looked at as of yet..

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi
@Titan_ASUS
@Laura_ASUS

Is there any fix being looked at for this issue? Not sure if this has been looked at as of yet..

Kris_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager
steve.goveas

Hi

@Titan_ASUS

@Laura_ASUS

View post
Hi @steve.goveas
We implemented a fix in latest update. Could you update to .132 and try again?
You can also manually update your device by download the firmware to your device.
ZenFone 6|Phones|ASUS Global

steve_goveas
Star II
Hi @Kris_ASUS

Many thanks for your prompt response. I've tried searching for an auto update, but nothing seems to come up. I'll try manually updating the phone later today.
I bought my phone in India, and the release notes say that it's not applicable to "IN SKUs" (refer to screenshot below)
image.png
The Build Number is RKQ1.200710.002.WW_Phone-18.0610.2101.127. Just want to make sure that I download the right firmware for my phone as I don't want there to be a failure with the update. Any advice/guidance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.